• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I was just curious if Ridley was going to be added to PM eventually, since Sakurai has no interest in adding him to Smash. I saw a pretty amazing work in progress for Ridley for Project M, and was wondering if it's almost done.

Adm_Will

Smash Rookie
Well in the new character thread a lot was said.

The biggest thing is everyone wants him, but every designer knows that for something to be worth doing the player has to react positively to it. If the character model is brought down (which is why sakurai won't use him: he's too big) a lot of players wouldn't feel they were playing ridley but a different charizard or something. Also there are no incredibly huge characters in brawl already (I mean like by design huge, similar to great apes in every dbz game), so it would bring up the question: who else should be big?

It's not like the community doesn't realize that metroid is pretty poorly represented, and the other metroid character who was also highly voted was dark samus. She would be much easier to design, and it's not like she was a ton less popular in the votes.

I don't think Ridley should become a thing, that Ridley character you tried was designed to be big. That's fine. In a competitive game like project m having one big character throws off balance for that character and you just get the heavy vs. fast debate on a larger scale since his hitbox is so damn big.

tl;dr I think not, but it's not impossible.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Well in the new character thread a lot was said.

The biggest thing is everyone wants him, but every designer knows that for something to be worth doing the player has to react positively to it. If the character model is brought down (which is why sakurai won't use him: he's too big) a lot of players wouldn't feel they were playing ridley but a different charizard or something. Also there are no incredibly huge characters in brawl already (I mean like by design huge, similar to great apes in every dbz game), so it would bring up the question: who else should be big?

It's not like the community doesn't realize that metroid is pretty poorly represented, and the other metroid character who was also highly voted was dark samus. She would be much easier to design, and it's not like she was a ton less popular in the votes.

I don't think Ridley should become a thing, that Ridley character you tried was designed to be big. That's fine. In a competitive game like project m having one big character throws off balance for that character and you just get the heavy vs. fast debate on a larger scale since his hitbox is so damn big.

tl;dr I think not, but it's not impossible.
What? That's silly. Ridley is far from too big, his size isn't even a defining character trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom