• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Trio (Cam, Marshal, and Miss Ribbon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Forget Chorus Kids, forget Karate Joe, forget the Wrestler, forget the Rhythm Girl. It's the Rhythm Trio for Smash's RH character!

Okay, who?
These three are the mascots (or pseudo-mascots, if you look at it that way) of Rhythm Heaven Fever. Marshal is the white one, Cam the blue one, and Miss Ribbon the pink one.

So...What's their catch, exactly?
The Rhythm Trio would all move together as one unit. Probably stacked on top of each other. They aren't like the Ice Climbers.

Their play style would be just like that of Mr. Game & Watch. All of their attacks being references to other characters and levels in all the Rhythm Heaven series. I'd go with DonkaFjord's Rhythm Girl moveset for them.

They also have a rhythmic fighting style. Timing your button presses to a small "beat" will inflict more damage.

But they were only in one game and/or not important enough!
Same can be said for other characters who are already there. Smash Bros. often goes with more contemporary choices, depending on the franchise. And, like Sakurai said recently, some choices are made based on if they can bring new things to the series. A three-character entity and a rhythm fighting style alone seem like enough to get their spot, if possible. The Rhythm Trio also a lot more distinct than the Chorus Kids, who look too bland and only had a small role in one game.

These guys don't do much in Fever either!
They may not, but they're still prominent and are seen as figureheads.​

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Never played a Rhythm Paradise/Heaven/Whatever game, but after all the Gematsu hype, I think I'd actually like to see a rep from the series. It sounds very unique.

I think you'd have to be careful implementing a rhythm thing into the moveset, because you don't want them to be *too* hard to pick up and play. Some people are terrible at it, half my friends can't pull off DK's FS. Rhythm for A moves, maybe not. Rhythm for B moves would be great. I think it might be a good idea for the moves just to be rhythmic relative to each other rather than the music itself. If there's background noise wherever you're playing it might be hard to hear and that could lead to people just using someone else.

Last edited:

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I guess attacking to a "beat" would work better for B moves instead of A moves. But the A moves would still be referencing everything/everyone in the series as well.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've said earlier that these guys look less bland than them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom