• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Uairs

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Use them. Better than normal Uairs in nearly every way. MUCH better for edgeguarding, more range, and a good combo starter. Reverse Uair < Bair or Bair < Reverse Uair are epic. Reverse Uairs just can't really chain together like normal Uairs. Both are just too sexy tho.
Vids of usage later.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I've already known about this. Some people don't expect you to use it for edgeguarding so it can be good as a surprise attack sometimes. It's sweet. :)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Puts you in a better position for follow-ups as well. Reverse Uair -> grab is too good.

The knockback is lovely at higher % too.. If this could be done from capeglide....*orgasm*

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Reverse U-air is a good combo starter for some things at the right percents.

Reverse U-air -> Grab, F-tilt, or Up-B is useful

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Doesn't his Uair have a sweetspot or something when his legs are pointing straight up?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Doesn't his Uair have a sweetspot or something when his legs are pointing straight up?
Mario's U-air deals the exact same damage on the entire part of the attack. I don't think the power changes at all.

Luigi's U-air on the other hand is less powerful on the reverse side.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Mario's U-air deals the exact same damage on the entire part of the attack. I don't think the power changes at all.

K, but it still has a pretty nasty knockback trajectory though. Worth using? I'd say maybe.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
i tested the use of the reverse up air, and its nice. i can combo easily but i dont find the range of the reversed up air is that far. Don't rely on this but it's good to use.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I knew reverse Uairs were sexy before ganon players in Melee

Yesterday in Luigi dittos....I did Uair->Up-B....it was sexy and the two best Luigi mains in FL just looked at me like "What the hell did you just do"

and I love your sig

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I actually use them quite often to kill while chasing a recovering opponent. Far easier to hit with than b-air, and in most cases, far more effective.

Top Bottom