• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Ken Combo

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
I've mained Marth since the day this game came out and never have I seen a reverse fair. Thanks for the info.

Senn

Smash Rookie
I've mained Marth since the day this game came out and never have I seen a reverse fair. Thanks for the info.
There are some more combos with the Reverse Fair on my channel if you wanna look at them

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
That's cool. The problem is that Fair's hitboxes are few and small in this game. The reason reverse Fair worked here is because of Falcon's tumble animation moving his hurtbox around.

The other problem is Dair. Dair comes from behind so it is very difficult to get the frame 11 spike (when the sword is straight down) when facing that way since frame 10 or 9 could easily hit first.

Senn

Smash Rookie
That's cool. The problem is that Fair's hitboxes are few and small in this game. The reason reverse Fair worked here is because of Falcon's tumble animation moving his hurtbox around.

The other problem is Dair. Dair comes from behind so it is very difficult to get the frame 11 spike (when the sword is straight down) when facing that way since frame 10 or 9 could easily hit first.
I agree the Fair's back hit box is small and hard to hit. At the same time, when I was trying to get the string off, if the fair hit, I always got frame 11 on the Dair.

This combo is very impractical, DI dependent and Percent dependent. I think it shows what is possible with the Reverse Fair. I haven't seen it used in any other combo strings (probably because its hard to hit).

Last edited:

Deathbyawesome

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaijin8814
3DS FC
4227-4375-5257
I think that as Marth's metagame develops over time we will see the reverse fair used more and more often. I didnt even know that reverse fair was a thing before this thread so thank you very much for posting this. I'll be checking out your other videos here shortly on it as well. With all that being said I think that it is extremely di and situation dependent but with all great tricks skill is always a requirement.

I think this would be an interesting juggling move for floaty characters like mewtwo or rosalina since they may end up moving right into the frontfacing hitboxes as well.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
So it worked on C. Falcon. And even if it worked on other characters, many of them have a good enough recovery to survive the Dair. In this game, Dair spike's knockback is pretty weak.

In Melee/Brawl, Dair would force tumble knockback before 20%. In Smash 4, after 30%.

Top Bottom