• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Ice block-lock (Vid inside)

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so it may have been known that you can do a reverse Ice Block Lock. I accidentally found it out myself, and got curious, so I started to test it. Here's the original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONzvkeaIhSU

So I tested it out. First I had myself hold forward while fairing, but it didn't work, or maybe I didn't test it enough...I don't know. Then I tried having the opponent hold forward, toward me. The Wario started geteting hit and moving closer to me. So I think that the direction the OPPONENT holds determines where the Lock takes them.

That means that it would almost never happen in a real match, unless the opponent is dim enough to hold it forward. Not very useful.

Discuss.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Ok, so it may have been known that you can do a reverse Ice Block Lock. I accidentally found it out myself, and got curious, so I started to test it. Here's the original video:

(I'll have it up soon enough, just wait for youtube)

So I tested it out. First I had myself hold forward while fairing, but it didn't work, or maybe I didn't test it enough...I don't know. Then I tried having the opponent hold forward, toward me. The Wario started geteting hit and moving closer to me. So I think that the direction the OPPONENT holds determines where the Lock takes them.

That means that it would almost never happen in a real match, unless the opponent is dim enough to hold it forward. Not very useful.

Discuss.
I've known this for a while and think it's pretty much common knowledge. DI influences where the opponent will go, so if they hold away, they will get to the edge of the stage faster. If the hold towards then they will stay in the same spot and they are just stalling the inevitable.

Top Bottom