• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Grab Boosting (Help)

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I cant seem to pull it off and its really important to know for falcos chaingrab. I read the description in the AT thread it says dash attack then press opposite direction then grab, but it doesnt seem to work for me.

Is there something im missing, just to be sure the exact input is as follows correct?

Dash-->cstick down-->opposite direction on controll stick-->Z

It feels like im trying to do it the same way as the Usmash boost but only pressing opposite direction on the control stick instead of up.

:psycho: help

Daea

Smash Cadet
try doing dash > cstick down then immediately hit the opposite direction and Z at the same time, not one after the other. It just takes somewhat fast button input to get the opposite direction and Z at the same time in to cancel the dash attack. You'll notice that if you change the speed in training to even 2/3 you'll get it everytime at the slower speed.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
FYI... it's real f*ckin quick. Don't think.

If you dash, then you need to back+z more quickly after pressing down on the c-stick. If you just pivot grab, then you didn't press the c-stick down. Understand the button input, and depending on what you do instead of boost pivot grabbing, you should understand what mistakes you're making, but those are usually the most prevalent mistakes.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I wasnt grabbing fast enough i got it now.

and thats good to know about just pivot grabbing because I sometimes do that on accident, so i guess I didnt c stick down.

you pretty much have to grab simultaneously with the direction stick.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
Not pretty much, you really have to do them at the same time. It's back+z. Back and then z and you just dash attack I'm sure.

Top Bottom