• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse D-smash as an edgeguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
I've used this a couple times, and it seems to work just fine, especially if they come up from under you. Any thoughts?

-PM-

Smash Ace
uhm wouldnt it be the same as idk a regular dsmash? just a thought lol but yea it works on some characters like falcon, gannon (owned), other marios, luigi (owned), uhm i know theres more my brains not working today, doc, bowser, dk. but others like yoshi and fox and falco it just doesnt work that well id rather cape fox and falco and yoshis a bit random lol.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Yeah, I pretty much just let Yoshi hit the stage and try to finish him from there as I find it hard to hit real players with Fair's since that seems to be the the only thing that stops him in midair.

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
Well, regular D-smash seems to knock them horizontal, reverse more downwards...

Plus they may think you're going for a bair.

-PM-

Smash Ace
ok well instead of dsmashing just go for a downward fsmash or a cape those to things pretty much can beat anything IMO

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
Cape is pretty **** good against some people who are newer to the game, but unless you jump out to hit them, someone with good DI can usually make it. And a lot of people expect the F-smash, it's just a way to mix it up.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Okay -PM-, if you're soooooo good like you suggest over and over, then you would have suggested to him that a Bair is a better edgeguarding move than anything else anyways. LOL

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
Plus they may think you're going for a bair..

<_<

Seriously, it's not the best, at all, but it's a good move to mix em up.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Oohhh, yeah, duhh. LOL I had a MAJOR brain fart. xD

But, yeah it is. Have you ever watched some vids of Eggz? You can do it multiple times and still be facing the stage. I'm just curious, what do you think is also a good edgeguarding tactic, cuz there aren't that many.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
dont use is offen but its aactually good... gotta time good though and time right... i woiuld prefer Uair or Bair edguard or maybe even Nair but youve gotta look what char. they are so you get it right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom