• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Returning to the scene after a long time

CPhantom

Smash Rookie
Hello, I was looking around and was absolutely shocked to see how far the SSBB modding community has gotten. I used to be around when the first texture hacks showed up and made a few of my own. I was also one of the first ones to alpha layer the textures!

But now I know absolutely nothing lol. As an old member of the community, I would like to relearn what is up. It seems so much easier these days.

I was just wondering if it was possible to import more models now? I knew they figured out how to import some other wii games, but I'm talking about something like a PC game with exported models as .obj? I would love to get into creating a set of characters with PSAs and all, but I need the help of relearning a lot. :)

Thank you!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yes, model importing from other games just recently started about 2 weeks ago. You just need the newest version of Brawlbox (0.65). I'm not sure whether it can import .obj, but can import .dae, the format used in actual modeling programs such as 3DS Max.

CPhantom

Smash Rookie
Sweet! Is it possible to add characters this way now as well as stages? I left about the time stages were just being made, and vertex modding started doing decent. I assume after you get the bones properly set up you can animate them and what not?

edit: the program I'm using can export to .3ds, would it be possible for me to export to that, and use 3ds to convert it to a .dae?

edit2: I'm trying to extract my Partition 2 to have all the files on my PC, but it doesn't seem to want to be working and honestly I don't want to do it one at a time lol. Is it allowed to be posted directly ripped here or can I gain access to it somewhere? I don't have a mediafire pro account either. Any help?

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Sweet! Is it possible to add characters this way now as well as stages? I left about the time stages were just being made, and vertex modding started doing decent. I assume after you get the bones properly set up you can animate them and what not?

edit: the program I'm using can export to .3ds, would it be possible for me to export to that, and use 3ds to convert it to a .dae?

edit2: I'm trying to extract my Partition 2 to have all the files on my PC, but it doesn't seem to want to be working and honestly I don't want to do it one at a time lol. Is it allowed to be posted directly ripped here or can I gain access to it somewhere? I don't have a mediafire pro account either. Any help?
There is something I heard of called the Clone Engine that allows you to add new characters, but I think it is incomplete.

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
There is something I heard of called the Clone Engine that allows you to add new characters, but I think it is incomplete.
From what I've been told, it's not going to be complete, because the man that was working on it apparently left, and only a few people have a "remote" understanding of it, but I was really looking forward to it, but of course I may be wrong as well, since I'm like CPhantom, because I've been away from brawl hacking for about a year and a half (maybe). When I left editing vertices and bones were the primary objectives to be done.

Top Bottom