• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Retreating aerials to left advice

TheMagicDragon

Smash Rookie
Hey all new puff main here and hope I don't get yelled at for making a new post for asking for advice, but I am having a lot of trouble doing retreating aerials to the left, to the right comes very naturally with the c stick though. Does anyone have any advice or tips how to improve the left side or do i just need to grind hard?

GenNyan

Smash Ace
For retreating aerials I like to use tap jump so I don't lose any aerial mobility. I'm guessing you use x or y.

You can also try playing claw style to make it easier.

TheMagicDragon

Smash Rookie
For retreating aerials I like to use tap jump so I don't lose any aerial mobility. I'm guessing you use x or y.

You can also try playing claw style to make it easier.
Eh tap jump only increases your ability if you do claw with a hand always on c stick

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Eh tap jump only increases your ability if you do claw with a hand always on c stick
Not really. Tap jump lets you reach the C-stick faster with your thumb, instead of going from x/y to C-stick. Using both tap jump and claw is actually completely unnecessary and redundant. If you don't do either one of those you'll lose aerial mobility with retreating aerials (and make them harder to do).

Last edited:

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
Claw is probably the easiest way to incorporate retreating ariels into your game without losing mobility, but if that's not an option for you it just takes practice and speed.

Top Bottom