• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resting Sheik's landing on side platforms reactable?

Sprankles

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a lot of time to react when sheik lands on a platform. There's definitely enough time to rest a stage landing that's not too far, but is it possible to react and reach sheik if she decides to go battlefields platform?

Ok so the way I understand it, you'll have to remain on ledge to ensure she can't grab it with her up-b, and if she's close enough to hit ledge with her poof after threatening grabbing it (at the beginning of her up-b), occasionally you'll have to use the invuln from get-up to dodge the poof instead of your initial edge grab invuln. If you don't have to use get-up you're usually able to act slightly faster. Also you should aim the end of the get-up invuln for the poof so you'll be able to act faster (excluding occasional pullback -> poof directly at ledge to stall out your edge occupation shenanigans which I don't understand or care about right now.)

Anyways, is it possible to reactively rest sheik landing on the platform's of battlefield without reading her possible direction and getting off early? If you can I guess it'd be ether jump quickly out of get-up into rest, or waveland up quickly into jump rest.

I haven't tested it in friendlies yet because I don't play sheiks very often.

Last edited:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Ok so the way I understand it, you'll have to remain on ledge to ensure she can't grab it with her up-b, and if she's close enough to hit ledge with her poof after threatening grabbing it (at the beginning of her up-b), occasionally you'll have to use the invuln from get-up to dodge the poof instead of your initial edge grab invuln. I haven't tested it in friendlies yet because I don't play sheiks very often.
You are correct about this. If the Sheik is right next to you on the ledge and you are holding onto it, then she can either go straight up and gamble you'll leave the ledge or go to the edge of the platform. If you do refresh your invincibility at the time of the first explosion, and you know they are going to the platform (a good read or you recognized their habits) then getting the rest is possible. The problem is that if you're too slow to pull back then jump up all the way to the Sheik in lag, you may not be able to reach her. I did however test this with a friend who plays Sheik. If you instead ledge jump to the platform, you'll be right above her and can fall then rest.

The only problem I noticed is with the first little hop Sheik does in her recovery. If she is able to land not on the platform but also the stage, or she doesn't reach far enough to the platform, then it is almost impossible to react. The most you could get off is a grab or smash attack (not a charged one, she has little lag, and it would take too long to do an aerial).

Last edited:
Top Bottom