• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest Sheiks down throw fair/ fox's uthrow

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
What is the timing/percentage to rest sheik when she down throw fairs??

I know this has been discussed before, but what about timing/percent on fox's uthrow uair??
(this one seems unreliable)

Mahone

Smash Champion
You can't rest downthrow fair against sheik (can you? that would be so ****)

The fox uthrow uair thing doesn't work unless the fox spaces incorrectly, so there may be percents where it is more likely to happen, but it is very possible it will never happen. Honestly, imo, you should not really try this unless you notice the fox is spacing wrong and like upairing inside you rather than just hitting with his feet.

The reason is that at low percents, at least for me, if i try to do it and they space correctly i smashdi and normal di down so they get a second upair far too often. And at high percents i think its better to smashdi, unless you really need a comeback, but even then, i think you are better off smashdi'ing and living and then gimping or something, its not reliable enough.

mers

Smash Ace
Neither are reliable. Sheik has plenty of time to combo into fair, and she'll most likely be spacing it anyways.

Resting Falcon's dthrow > knee is much more feasible, however.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Aren't they the same concept?

Either way you're gonna get hit by something if you di in front of them (most likely)

My friend rested sheik out of down throw fair three times in a set, granted the sheik was no pro... but if jiggz di's at an angle that is far enough in front of sheik to make fair more probable than uair, but not far enough to allow the best spacing for her... then you might force her to jump backwards and fair or else on the way up = REST

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Well that settles that... guess the sheik he was playing was just bad at spacing or not quick enough or something.

But in certain situations it seems worth a try (~100%), cause no matter which way you di = death on everything but dreamland/fd. I'll experiment with it more

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah in situations where you are absolutely dead no matter what, you can input anything you like, including a rest. now and then, especially against bad players, it will hit and randomly reverse the game, but there is no reason a fox or sheik should ever get rested in those situations.

it's more likely with fox because he has to know the percents for when to doublejump to hit with just his feet, and that's easy to mess up. with sheik it's like... not hard to just jump to where your hand will hit them and not your whole entire ****ing body

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
at low percent, the fox my mis-space his uair and get too close to you, in which case you got some frames to pull out that screamer.... but the key word is mis-space

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
you can also rest falcon's down throw > knee. i figured that out randomly lol

Top Bottom