• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rest on human...

juki

Smash Cadet
i have pretty much conquered jiggs except for the rest part. i can rest on cpu's since they suck but when i try resting on humans they dodge and while im sleeping they load a full smash attack and unleash it on me wich sends me flying. so i need to know how can i make my rest hit human players

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
well unlike resting cpus, you cannot just randomly jump onto them and expect to rest them successfully.
Usually uptilt->rest works well in lower percentages, upthrow->rest works on fastfallers who don't DI well. Uair->rest works well on some chars. Mangoraping is also pretty sweet (resting out of a shield), and CC->rest works well, especially when your opponent tries to do a dash attack (or sometimes grab).

Just watch some videos of mango or king, or any other good puff players and see how they pull off rests.

Sliq

Smash Master
i have pretty much conquered jiggs except for the rest part. i can rest on cpu's since they suck but when i try resting on humans they dodge and while im sleeping they load a full smash attack and unleash it on me wich sends me flying. so i need to know how can i make my rest hit human players
Looking at your join date, the fact that I have never heard of you, and the way you presented your "problem," it is safe to say you haven't conquered jack fucking shit.

juki

Smash Cadet
Looking at your join date, the fact that I have never heard of you, and the way you presented your "problem," it is safe to say you haven't conquered jack fucking shit.
yes im not the best player around there but neither are my friends.....

and besides if my post count is low it doesn't mean i suck...

snoblo

Smash Journeyman

Though having a low post count (and having joined so recently) doesn't always mean you suck, about 99% of those people do, so i guess it's just a common assumption people make. Just go to some tourneys and see how you do and improve :)

Sliq

Smash Master

No, you ARE garbage, and I know this from experience with millions of people like you.

For future reference, to eve have claimed to master anything, because you haven't, and arrogance with nothing to back it up is annoying.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
He didn't seem so arrogant after you told him once... is it necessary to flame him twice?

juki, if you don't know any of the more technical stuff, you could just wait for them to use longer delay attacks and practice it... or you could just learn some of the strategies to 'conquer' Jiggly like nobody's buisness.

Sliq

Smash Master
He didn't seem so arrogant after you told him once... is it necessary to flame him twice?

juki, if you don't know any of the more technical stuff, you could just wait for them to use longer delay attacks and practice it... or you could just learn some of the strategies to 'conquer' Jiggly like nobody's buisness.
It wasn't necessary to flame him in the first place, but I did it anyways.

Jumanji

Smash Cadet
So umm to actually answer his question... there are two incredibly obvious and basic ways and they are incredibly self explanatory,.
1. Rest them during a lag of being hit. Whether that means upthrows-> rest, pound-> rest, u-tilt -> rest, uair-> rest, nair->rest drill->rest or whatever else you can think of comboing into a rest.
2. Rest them during a lag after on of their moves. This can mean, down dodges, smash attacks, rolling, laggy moves (like alot of u-b's) air dodges, CC'ed dash attacks you know... whatever.
I am sure you are ALL very aware of this but basically in short, vs humans they will not be predictable enough (unless you are incredibly mind gamey) for it ever to be beneficial in the long run to just throw and un-setup rest into the game, on a consistent basis. However bad DI, and general stupidity will allow for rests that are... opportunistic. Thus being able to rest a AI is in no way related to being able to rest a person (other than finding the correct hit box.) You will simply need to practice against people, recognize rest oppurtunities, and capitalize on them, this takes practice, and all people are going to be able to give you advice on this subject is a few non-self-evident rest oppurtunities (like drill rests, u-throw on fast fallers, which smash attacks are free rests if you shield) it is however much easier to know about them than it is to use them.

Exospaciac

Smash Rookie
A person's join date or number of posts has no influence on how well they play the game.
I've been lurking in these forums since 2004 and just recently made an account, but never had a reason to post.
Until now, of course.
Now, it's likely that he isn't a very good player because of what he said about "conquering" Jiggs, but it's still stupid to make assumptions such as that one.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
A person's join date or number of posts has no influence on how well they play the game.
I've been lurking in these forums since 2004 and just recently made an account, but never had a reason to post.
Until now, of course.
Now, it's likely that he isn't a very good player because of what he said about "conquering" Jiggs, but it's still stupid to make assumptions such as that one.
Yes, I agree with you that number of posts/join date has no influence on the skill of a player.
But just looking around, you can tell that over 99% of everyone with a very recent join date are in the lower end of the skill spectrum (no offense to anyone, I guess I'm included in that description as well :) )

That one hungrybox kid is garbage

Yes he is

Sliq

Smash Master
Until now, of course.
It also has to do with the fact that I have never heard of him placing well at a tournament, and the fact that he claims to have "conquered" anything, a telltale sign of a noob, because as we all know, noobs think they are the best.

To OP:

Watch videos. Search for King, Mango, Darc, and Sliq (i.e. me). Watch the videos. You will see rests coming from people getting tech chased, people getting combo's, people doing a laggy attack against our shield, people trying to grab and getting duck rested, etc. You will SEE all of these things, and get what you have to do.

But, seeing as how you are a noob and haven't indeed conquered anything, you might as well as watch flight patterns, spacing, edgeguarding, and baiting as well.

Watching videos isnt enough, however, and you'll need to play a lot (specifically in tournaments, unless you only care about beating your friends, in which case simply installing advanced tactics (l-cancel, wavedash, ledge cancel, etc.) should be enough to decimate them.

Top Bottom