• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Research on ghost pikmin

Arkio

Smash Cadet
I got my first taste of ghost pikmin the other day, and i didnt like it.

The purpose of this thread is for people to post what happened to give them ghost pikmin and by that, and me/other people testing we may figure out the cause. It may be random, but this might help.

I was on Ikes castle siege course, and when it changed from the second one to the third, my pikmin disappeared aside from 1, and i had 5 ghosts.

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
a question about this negative glitch. When you had the GP happen to you, could you die and it would reset, or did it happen the entire match.

I want to know so if it happens to me, I can just kill myself.

Arkio

Smash Cadet
It only lasts until you die (at least in my case)

but you can still use your up B so dont kill yourself cause you could get a whole... 10 extra damage on them =)

When it happened to me, whistle did not stop it.

EDIT: in my case down smash still sent out one pikmin every time so you could still hit them with that.

Stiffmystirr

Smash Rookie
um what? The pikmin in your line were ghosts? You can't use them to attack? But chain still grapples? Confusion++

Arkio

Smash Cadet
Ghost pikmin is where, they are not there, their just invisible and do not attack.

The reason up B works is because it uses ALL your pikmin so it doesnt try to grab non existent ones.

Cpt_EJ

Smash Cadet
huh?

The only thing that resembles that has happened to me is that I jumped and went for "Pikmin throw" and no pikmin was thrown meanwhile Olimar still did the throwing animation.

Is that what you're referring to?

IllidR

Smash Champion
I've never actually had this happen to me. But after reading this I kind of hope it does happen just so I can get a taste of it, and then regret it as I'm stuck with 1 Pikmin.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I've had this happen to me before when I was playing at delfino plaza. I believe it happened during some part of the stage transition. I had a couple pikmin still following me, but the rest were 'invisible' and I could not use any smash attacks, pluck out anymore pikmin, call them back, or use my up b. I have the replay saved if anyone's interested I'll upload it to youtube or something when I got the chance.

EDIT:
I couldn't throw any either :(

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this is honestly annoying, but it never happened to me while I was playing seriously. I've actually figured an easy way to get "Ghost Pikmen." Simply use the Pikmen chain off the ledge, grab it, pull yourself up to the ledge, fall off, and repeat. Eventually a few of your Pikmen will just disappear, and your ^ B will be gimped. If you time it right you can get back on the stage and your other Pikmen will be non-existent. However, try SDing off the stage and all of a sudden they will all appear near the ledge they disappeared in the dieing animation, and die.

Top Bottom