• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[REQUEST] Tutorial on porting existing stage textures to P:M stages

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
In the scenario that the new stage hasn't added or altered anything making it all Project M'ey is very simple. First things first, you'll need BrawlBox. Google it and you should be able to find the latest version. Then follow these steps:

1) Open the new version of the stage in BrawlBox
2) Locate the textures folder. This is fairly straight forward so I'm not going to go into where exactly it'll be.
3) Export all the textures (or at least all the textures that have been altered)
4) Open the PM version of the stage from your SD card in BrawlBox (you may want to make a back up just in case)
5) Locate the textures folder again.
6) Import all the textures over their corresponding spots. If you kept the file names the same this should be cake
7) Save the file and boot up the game to see if it worked.

Again, this guide only works for straight texture hacks. If the new stage has model hacks more stuff will have to be done which I can't help you with.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what about the camera?
afaik, some stages like smashville just have camera changes, so from what ive heard, all we'd need to change is the camera to PM's camera

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Right here.

http://smashmods.com/forum/thread-4106.html
what about the camera?
afaik, some stages like smashville just have camera changes, so from what ive heard, all we'd need to change is the camera to PM's camera
For Smashville, you just need to swap the STPM file with the P:M 2.5b one.

I might also be willing to post a large collection of helpful info for people who want to request, create, and submit custom content. Probably won't do it any time soon, though, but we'll see.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I might also be willing to post a large collection of helpful info for people who want to request, create, and submit custom content. Probably won't do it any time soon, though, but we'll see.
Seeing as how i've been really considering making worlds and textures (purely for PM though) this would be a godsend, since i really don't want to work with brawl, just PM, it would be great if you could do this

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
1) Open the new version of the stage in BrawlBox
2) Locate the textures folder. This is fairly straight forward so I'm not going to go into where exactly it'll be.
3) Export all the textures (or at least all the textures that have been altered)
4) Open the PM version of the stage from your SD card in BrawlBox (you may want to make a back up just in case)
5) Locate the textures folder again.
6) Import all the textures over their corresponding spots. If you kept the file names the same this should be cake
7) Save the file and boot up the game to see if it worked.
For step 3, you can export the TextureData brres instead of the individual textures (and import it in step 6).

Top Bottom