• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Request] Remove Dr. Mario effects on Mario

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
Hello,
Long story short I'm working on a build but I don't like how placing custom costumes of any of the Dr. Mario alts has him retain his pills.
Is there anyway to remove this?

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
Well, I guess all of them except the default one. So the effects on the colored alts (blue, red, green, whatever) can go.

Zeiza

Smash Cadet
Here is a PSA for Mario that causes the pills and other Doctor Mario effects to display only for his default costume. It has been updated for 3.6.

It was made by changing every If Comparison in Mario's moveset files that checks for his costume to only care for the 7th costume, which is the default Doctor Mario one. The other costumes should no longer use the pills or electric fsmash.

This was done through Project Smash Attacks by changing the Sub Actions 57, 58, 5A, 1C0, 1C1, 1CE, 1CF, as well as Sub Routines 0026054, 0027774, 0026DEC, and 002631C.

SuperColom64

Smash Rookie
So how would I edit the file you initially sent to make it so that none of the costumes have pills?

Zeiza

Smash Cadet
Zeiza Zeiza Could you do me a solid and whip up a Mario with 0 Doc stuffs?
Sorry it took me a while to respond, I have been here very infrequently lately. I actually already made this, but the link must have been lost somewhere.

So how would I edit the file you initially sent to make it so that none of the costumes have pills?
You would need to set all of the comparisons to be something that could never happen. In the one I posted I just set it to only display the effects if you were using a costume in slot 32 or higher, which as far as I know should never happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom