• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Request] Level freeze on Lylat & Castle Siege

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Does anyone have the code that freezes Lylat Cruise? If Skyloft is a legal stage with all those angled surfaces, I want to test the stage out.

Also, is there a level freeze for Castle Siege? I also want to test that stage. I just can't deal with the tilting lava part of it.

I would really appreciate a download link to the file(s) I need to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Lylat is a problem because it's platforms are too low and the ledges keep catching recoveries that would make it on other stages. Skyloft and Brawl FD did it too. Not saying that the tilting is a non-issue, but that alone wouldn't ban the stage or make it unplayable.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I don't think the platforms are too low. Especially since Fountain of Dreams has similar if not worse platform heights. Captain Falcon sheds a tear every time he whiffs an aerial because of FoD platforms. Ledges that gimp recoveries are also present on Skyworld and Melee's Battlefield. I can't test Lylat without trying, though.

Tilting is random. Random is generally bad. Tilting makes sweetspotting near impossible. Tilting can screw up wavedashes, shffls, etc. Tilting is really, really bad.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Melee Battlefield just gives you a very steep angle to recover at; it's not like you use your recovery and bounce off the ceiling. Lylat only catches you because it can move the edge while you're moving towards it, pushing it out of reach or blocking you with a ceiling that wasn't there a second ago.

It's obviously far from neutral, but I don't think that's it's bad enough to outright ban the stage.

Top Bottom