• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request for specific tips against Snake

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
Hi Marth Board !

Currently I'm travelling in south and France to do tournies and I started having problems against Snake's Mainer 3 months ago with Marth and as a turnout I started going Mk in this MU whitout thinking about my mistakes etc.

So that's why I'm looking for tips or anything about what I'm often doing wrong in this MU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ2OH9C_tmw

a MM I lost 3-1

Thx in advance for spending time on my problem :)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Your spacing is improvable. You kept getting punished because your Fairs weren't spaced properly and not properly fast falled. Snake shouldn't be able to punish your Fairs with Utilt OoS. You also overused and forgot that Marth's other aerials are also pretty damn good. I didn't see much Nair, which is a decent mixup for landing and is a better move for ledge hops most of the time, though Marth's get up options are all super punishable when read so mix it up (it's good to know that Marth has the best below 100% ledge get up in the game, which is vulnerable for only 2 frames as opposed to all other characters whose below 100% ledge get ups are vulnerable for the last 4 frames). I'd also suggest you to mess around and find ways to include Usmash into your gameplay, it deals a really nice 18% most of the time uncharged (22% fresh if it somehow sweetspots) and has a large horizontal hitbox which can for example help you cover most of Snake's landing options

youtube.com/watch?v=KzAWoZsGpwQ#t=49s

Prydeless

Smash Apprentice
thx for the analysis, I'm grateful and I'll take care of what you told me =)

I didn't know about the below 100% ledge get up !

Top Bottom