• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request: Dark Samus trophy

MystressB

Smash Rookie
Hello, long time visitor, first time poster. Hope this is the right place for this (please moderate if it isn't)!

I am looking for someone who can help me acquire the Dark Samus Trophy 3d model/textures from SSBB. Its based on Metroid Prime 2's version of the character (at least, the one you see initially) and imo is the most sinister take on her.

The reason I am looking for this model is, I am working on a fairly large scale Metroid-themed model for Fallout 3 (and eventually New Vegas). I already have the MP3 Dark Samus up and running as a boss, but I just think the MP2 one is creepier and as mentioned above, that's the version the trophy is based on. My plan is to create several versions for more than one encounter.

Since the proof is in the pudding as they say, here's some of my work so far. I figure showing you guys these might help validate my cause a little, and make it clear I'm not just blowing hot air to get a random model/resource.

If any of you guys are willing to help me out, I'd be most appreciative. Thank you!

MB

Photos

Smash Journeyman
You'll find the entire brawl disk here.

If you need to create dae files from the mdl0 files in there, use the new brawlbox.
I dunno how much you are used to the brawl hacking scene, but i'd be willing to bet that if you can use the hacking stuff for fallout, you could probably pick up brawl fairly easily.

It's a little hard to find the actual models, but they're there.

I dunno how useful the trophy models will be for you though. You'll have to T-pose them yourself.

You can find the brawl box thread here

I hope it works out for ya,
Enjoy!

PS: PM me the pic afterwards! ;)

MystressB

Smash Rookie
Thanks for replying. :)

And no worries about the posing, I had to do the same with the Dark Suit in the pic above. It was in a very action-oriented pose, took me a couple of hours to undo lol.

My only other option was to get the model from Metroid Prime 2 itself, but 3dripperdx doesn't seem to work for me (I get .obj files that are just... a mess when I load them) and 3dvia produces DAE files which aren't compatible with the version of Blender I have to use in order to mod FO3/Oblivion. :(

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice work! I'm not near that dedicated to any hacking project. But no problem, i'd hate for something as nice as this to go to waste. and btw, if you have time, i think a bowser model hack for fallout would be beast. bowser over dog maybe? lol, a brawl cameo would be cool. If you want, you can just PM me if you need any other info!

also, do you have a main place where you've got your stuff posted? because i'd love to share this w/ some friends.

MystressB

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the compliment. :)

I've not uploaded this stuff yet, I'm still working on improving the rigging/weighting of several suits and working on misc. stuff like authentic beams and sounds. I'm having to learn this stuff as I go, so when I improve in an area, I like to apply said improvements to previous projects.

For instance my initial powersuit weighting was done pretty much by copy/pasting the weights of existing armors. In most cases that worked satisfactorily, but in the last couple of weeks I've been doing all my weight painting by hand and am much happier with the results.

Mostly its just polish and improvements. MP2/trophy Dark Samus is the only thing missing from a 'desired' content point of view.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
so were you able to find the models and get them working?
But that's really cool.

MystressB

Smash Rookie
I actually had some success with this using 3dripperdx. I got the model captured but the pose she is in kind of mangles her right shoulder.

Just need to figure out why the scenes it creates are sometimes flat (I know its an FOV issue, but not how to fix it. Can't find an FOV setting in 3dripper or Dolphin) - I found a better scene to get the model from but every capture from this cutscene is paper thin. >.<

Photos

Smash Journeyman
I actually had some success with this using 3dripperdx. I got the model captured but the pose she is in kind of mangles her right shoulder.

Just need to figure out why the scenes it creates are sometimes flat (I know its an FOV issue, but not how to fix it. Can't find an FOV setting in 3dripper or Dolphin) - I found a better scene to get the model from but every capture from this cutscene is paper thin. >.<
lemme try out this new brawlbox, see if i can get a good dae model of the image you want. you wanted dark samus trophy, right? yeah...
Which modeling program do you use? 3ds max or blender?

Top Bottom