• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

replacing Marth's sword sfx to melee's

need help replacing Marth's sword sfx to melee's sfx

• how to do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • how to DO IT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sauce_master_griffin

Smash Cadet
Playing Project M and I noticed that it uses the Brawl sword sfx. Personally I prefer the Melee sword sfx. I just think that it's less satisfying to get a kill with a tipper and not here the classic swoosh sound. I don't know how to change the sound effects though. I have experience with brawl box and changing skins, portraits, and custom stages, but no idea how to do character/game sfx.........Im using project m 3.5 by the way

also im kinda new here and i have no idea what it want's me to do with the poll response thing above...or if this is even the right place to post this question

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm not sure the poll was necessary... If we can get a mod in here, they can take care of that.

To answer your question, the tool you need for changing SFX is Super Sawndz. Go to Marth's bank (26), locate the sounds you want to replace (you'll need the Melee SFX in WAV format), and inject the replacements, then export Marth's bank as a sawnd file (named 26.sawnd), and store this file in the /projectm/pf/sfx/ folder of your SD card.

For the program to work, you'll need sndconv.exe, dsptool.dll, soundfile.dll, and smashbros_sound.brsar, which you'll need to find yourself (Google is your friend here; they're part of the Wii SDK and can't be redistributed here).

sauce_master_griffin

Smash Cadet
sorry for the late reply. I've been busy, and windows 7 is being a ***** and won't load so i can't try it at the moment. I'm using a mac that doesn't have a sd card slot so i can't change it on here

Top Bottom