• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replacing Fitsonic02.pac/pcs yields instant freeze at SS

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I predominately play random vs a random cpu. after installing project minty, a few maritime, and a few mars textures, i started encountering a freeze every so often after choosing a stage. The stage wouldnt load so i couldnt see the character that was causing it. After going through almost every character i was able to narrow it down to sonics green costume which i had previously replaced with project minty. After reformatting and trying again with both the minty and alternate minty, it still froze every single time i chose green sonic.

I removed the fitsonic02.pac/pcs from the sd card and just started using the default green brawl texture without a problem. Not a huge deal, but still it seems really random. All the other sonic colors (and every other character as far as i can tell) haven't been causing any freezing issues for me at all.

Has anyone else encountered this green sonic mystery?

EDIT: im using gecko

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I've replaced FitSonic02 with my own green-team texture before, though I got a freeze today on an unknown character. It's possible that one or both of the Minty Sonic texture files are corrupted somehow, I guess.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
you should test if it was sonic02 for you as well. i didnt have this problem with the same minty on 2.1 though...so im not sure what it could be.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
I'm having this same freeze with Bowser; only I haven't replaced any textures. I run Riivolution, I have an SDHC. I've tried formatting and reinstalling and the problem remains. Project M will not load the stage unless default Bowser is selected.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
What is the best way to alleviate that issue? I'll try another SD card once I can get access to one.

Revven

FrankerZ
What is the best way to alleviate that issue? I'll try another SD card once I can get access to one.
Honestly... I'd try a different card and see what happens. If you're still getting the same issue, I don't know what else there is to do. Riivolution just doesn't like us. :x

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
I seem to have a similar issue, though I haven't been able to narrow down what's truly causing it. I don't use Riivolution, though; just USB Loader GX.

Top Bottom