• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Punch-Out!!

Favorite?

• Metal Remix

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Your Face is History

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Dream Fighter

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Jogging Theme

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Welcome back to the punchiest Remix Corner ever! We’ve got a series all about a star boxer, Punch-Out!! Little Mac may not be an air fighter, but he’s been punching his way through foes since Glass Joe back on the original NES Title. Punch-Out has some fantastic music, and with that level of excellent compositions, great remixes are sure to follow. So without further ado, Round 1! Fight!

Punch-Out!! (Metal Remix)
Shred some metal and land some punches to this sweet melody.

Your Face is History (HoH Remix)
This sounds like something straight out of Rocky.

Dream Fighter (OCRemix)
“Don’t let em keep ya down, Mac!”

Jogging Theme (Rock Remix)
“You gotta be fast on your feet in the ring, Mac baby!”

Well, seems like a TKO with this Remix Corner! I hope you all liked the selection this week! Next week is all about that pill popping ghost muncher, PAC-MAN! Follwing the massive PAC-ATTACK, comes the series that bares the Monado’s power, Xenoblade Chronicles! Remember to send in those remixes either on here or at my Twitter! Until next time! I think I hear some chocolate calling my name…

I’ve never actually played Punch-Out!!, but I love the music. Hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario (not with your fist please).

Thundering TNT

Smash Cadet
Oh boy. My favorite is definately "your face is history"

Oh hey, I got first! Wow!

Last edited:

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
A while ago, I took it upon myself to learn all the lyrics to "Your Face is History". I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed.

:4littlemac:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Jogging Theme is my favorite tune right now.

And this is coming from a man who's never played a Punch-Out!! game before the NES one and mains Little Mac. lol

Crimson Ace

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlackestKnight
3DS FC
2681-0941-8621
Punch-Out has so much good music, I love it all. All of these are great too!

D

Deleted member 269706

This was an awesome article, really enjoyed the songs you shared with us this week!

AngelicPalkia

Smash Rookie
I really can't think right now because of the news of Satoru Iwata's death, but I wanted to post a remix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouSluLQaShg
DJtheS is a great remixer, and even if it has some Donkey Kong in it, it's still a worthy Punch-Out! remix. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to listen to some Mario, Kirby, and Earthbound music. Rest in peace Iwata.

D

Deleted member

I know Punch Out! is popular, but seriously? Not a single Super Punch Out! song got on here?

Smasher-LTIMT

Smash Cadet
NNID
battlefront157
3DS FC
2165-7609-0420
Mine is the Punch Out (Metal Remix) :D I always loved this song a lot! I'm gonna use Little Mac on For Glory later today (one of my mains I don't use much, mostly cause my little sister doesn't like battling my Little Mac LOL!

Cubical

Smash Rookie
The thing I found weird about the Jogging Remix was the gameplay had some kind of glassy style to it, like The Adventures of Duane and BrandO gameplay.

ChainchompDX

Smash Rookie
NNID
chainchompdx
3DS FC
3110-6245-1413
A while ago, I took it upon myself to learn all the lyrics to "Your Face is History". I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed.

:4littlemac:
I think you should be proud. It takes a lot of concentration and effort to remember all the lyrics and/or write them down straight from memory.

Top Bottom