• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

relentless mario

studly

Smash Ace
in brawl ive loved the feel of mario since the first time i played as him and ive tried to main him but could never pull it off... until recently
i noticed that with my other mains i adapted a mindset to focus my effort into a successful strategy... and i have finally found my mario mindset

i have to be relentless and ignore the damage % ...just focus on killing my opponent and then im able to better use his advantages

so the question is what do u guys think about when your playing with mario?

kureransu

Smash Rookie
i try to be as aggresive as possible with mario. i like to stay on them, where i often get more chances to make them do what i want. mario doesn't ahve a lot of range, and fireball spaming is only fun for so long... but yeah being agressive works

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
hmm good question. I focus on racking up damage with combos in the start. and mess around with the oponent to kill them. althoug my mind set changs depending on the Oponents i face. Like when i face the cheap *******, MK, i keep my distance with fireballs. But overall thats my main mind set.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
i try to be as aggresive as possible with mario. i like to stay on them, where i often get more chances to make them do what i want. mario doesn't ahve a lot of range, and fireball spaming is only fun for so long... but yeah being agressive works
4got to add that... Im a very aggressive mario player as well.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Well, it really depends on who I'm facing. Against characters that have good range, I like to dodge a lot (while spamming fireballs) to wait for an opening. For characters that have a lot of lag to their moves (Ike and Bowser for example) I dodge and punish them. I call that strategy the "Make 'em miss, make 'em pay". With characters that have good recovery, that's when I become really aggressive. I incorporate all of Mario's edgeguarding tools and focus on getting that kill.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
thanks..the only other thing is that i have a horrible problem against fox and falco..even with the relentless mindset
falco isn't that he can't realy do anything against Cape if he spams his lazers and his recovery is easy to gimp. he also dies pretty fast.

Top Bottom