• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.rel and .pac stage file?

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I downloaded a .rel and .pac stage file and I want to play a hacked stage. However, it's not working for some reason. It just frezzes once I select the stage and once while I was trying to fix it, it made a beep noise.

Here's the files in my SD card:

E:\apps\Geko18\boot.elf, Gekco1931.txt, icon.png, meta.xml
E:\codes\RSBE01.gct
E:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\fighter, module, stage folders

In the fighter folder: \fighter\marth\FitMarth02.pac, FitMarth02.pcs
In module: \module\st_plankton.rel
In stage: \stage\melee\STGDONKEY.pac

I hope this helps you with helping with my problem.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Being an *** will not solve your problem. This subforum is slow so please have a shred of patience.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
It's because the rel and stage pac file aren't associated with each other.

If you're replacing the 75m stage with a hanenbow hack, rename the rel to st_donkey.rel.

If it's a 75m stage replacing a hanenbow stage, rename the stage to STGPlankton.pac

If the REL needs any modification (aside from renaming the files):

http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Module_files

If none of this works, I can only assume that hanenbow is oddly formatted, or a file is corrupted.

On a side note, music probably won't play for the hanenbow method, because Hanenbow doesn't have a song library to begin with.

Top Bottom