• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding the new Battlefield stage

RODO

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ

Skip forward to about 4 minutes in when the video is showing off Mega Man. If you notice in this part of the video Battlefield doesn't have any platforms. This could mean one of two things.

1st: It could have been a special case just for demonstration.
2nd: Battlefield could now be a Battlefield/Final Destination hybrid with the platforms phasing in and out.

This was just an observation I had and I think it would be interesting for Battlefield to be kind of a hybrid map now. What do you guys think?

Swiggin

Smash Rookie
I'm under the assumption of your first conclusion. I believe the platforms were just removed to showcase the moveset with less distractions. I suppose there are other maps that could have been chosen that were more clear of platforms, but I also think that battlefield is their primary demonstration stage.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Interesting. I'd noticed that before, but hadn't given it significant thought. Maybe this is Sakurai's way of addressing the negative connotations associated with Final Destination, but still keeping it around in a way, while also making Battlefield more interesting. Or maybe it's just for demonstration. Time will tell.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I was thinking it could be the Final Destination stage (although I guess it's unlikely that it'll look exactly like BF just without the platforms...).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Of the two options in the OP, I think the first makes more sense.

What I think is that the development team wanted to have a stage without any distractions (platforms, obstacles...) and, since Final Destination may not be finished at this time of development, they simply improvised by removing the platforms from Battlefield.
I think it's just a test stage, kind of like the tutorial level in SSB64, as shown in the video posted above.

Honestly, if the new Final Destination is just Battlefield without platforms, I will be kind of disappointed, since it's lazy to take an already existing stage, remove the platforms and call it a new stage.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I think that this is Final Destination. However,it's obviously not done. Likely, they just need to give it a fancy retexture to stop it from looking like a platformless battlefield.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think that this is Final Destination. However,it's obviously not done. Likely, they just need to give it a fancy retexture to stop it from looking like a platformless battlefield.
It's not that simple.

In previous games, Final Destination has a different model (and shape) and a different background than Battlefield. That's what will likely happen this time, too, but the Final Destination stage may not be finished yet.

A simple texture change won't do to turn Battlefield into Final Destination.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I really do hope it's not a Final Destination, I want a different looking FD. But with the video IsmaR linked in mind it could really be just a testing stage.

Actually, now that IsmaR mentioned it, Brawl had something like that as well.

Jim64

Smash Rookie
For me, more important that the stage itself, is the background.I mean, that sage in the air makes all sense in Brawl, because of SSE battles.But, in new Super Smash, i don't see how explain this...
Maybe a SSE 2, or other mode like this?

Morbi

Scavenger
For me, more important that the stage itself, is the background.I mean, that sage in the air makes all sense in Brawl, because of SSE battles.But, in new Super Smash, i don't see how explain this...
Maybe a SSE 2, or other mode like this?
You need an explanation of the stage? I am still waiting on a final destination explanation. :laugh:

Top Bottom