• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reflect hitbox on Side-B

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
What is it? After countless hours playing ROB, I still cannot figure out how the reflector part of Rotor Arm works. I can never tell when it's going to reflect and when it isn't. Is there some trick to it? Certain hitboxes for certain projectiles?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Rob does a little jump at the beginning of the move, that is the only time it reflects.

Unless you use reflector arm rotor, the custom side b. Then the entire move reflects.

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Hm. I could have sworn that it reflected for at least the first half of the default duration. (just hitting side-b once and then letting go) I guess I'll have to go out of my way to test it a bit.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
It is probably the worst reflector in the game if you consider only it;s reflecting properties.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Hm. I could have sworn that it reflected for at least the first half of the default duration. (just hitting side-b once and then letting go) I guess I'll have to go out of my way to test it a bit.
I know the reflect properties do not last very long. I just avoid using Arm Rotor as a reflector because it's not very reliable and I feel so goofy by using it too early and getting punished for it.. I specifically avoid using it on For Glory because of the input lag T_T.

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
I know the reflect properties do not last very long. I just avoid using Arm Rotor as a reflector because it's not very reliable and I feel so goofy by using it too early and getting punished for it.. I specifically avoid using it on For Glory because of the input lag T_T.
I've killed so many WFT and Megaman players by reflecting their projectiles, though. :p

Reflecting Megaman's fsmash seems to kill him as low as 60-70%.

nintendonaut

Smash Rookie
So...Wait. I was under the impression that the arms reflected whatever they touched while spinning. And you had to angle them correctly. This isn't the case?

Top Bottom