• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

references & theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
so there's lightsabers, blasters & starships, & the creator of this game is a known star wars fanatic, but maybe there's even more to it:

'captain douglas jay falcon' literally translates to: 'captain from the dark river who often advocates an aggressive or warlike policy.' if the 'dark river' is space, we get: 'warring space captain of the falcon.' (millenium falcon/han solo references?)

could be... he's positioned right next to a bounty hunter: 'samus aran', which literally means, 'she who takes the place of another, especially by force or treachery; a mountain of strength.' what a perfect definition for an armored bounty hunter! (bobba fett reference?) hmm, i wonder if they're somehow related:

maybe the same chozo bird-people (were they a jedi race?) that rescued samus from the space pirates (obi wan/anakin references?) also raised captain falcon... that would explain the fact that they are both heavily bird-associated, highly-skilled fighters (with similar moves) from the future that chose the same occupation of justice-seeking space pilot of 'the force'... sounds like jedi warriors to me!

after all samus works for the galactic federation & wears a helmet & power suit (darth vader references?), 'metroid' is a portmanteau of 'metro' & 'android', & this is straight from an f-zero page:

'a formidable racer, douglas jay falcon has a background in law enforcement with the internova police force. he spends his time away from the track capturing criminals as a bounty hunter.'

so, they are both bounty hunters! perhaps they are long-lost siblings, separated by a space pirate raid (like luke & laura skywalker.) that early trauma of losing their parents would explain their deep inner compulsion to battle the bad guys. :)

'donkey kong' means 'stubborn ape' (chewie reference?) & star fox uses a blaster (like han solo); ness is a boy that was contacted by aliens & now has psychic (jedi?) powers & trailing along at the back of the pack we have the comedic elements of the pokemon pika & jiggs, led into battle by their trainers (r2d2 & c3po?).

i wonder if yoshi & dk are godzilla/king kong nods... :)

'mario' (from mars, the god of war) is latin for 'hammer'... 'hammer-wielding god of war' sounds like thor to me; maybe ('renowned fighter') 'luigi' = loki?

'kirby' ('from the church village') is an alien that assimilates powers... perhaps he's a member of star trek's borg race.

james bond figures in with his remote mines from 007 & s-nes super mario kart (still my favorite racing game) gets some respect & love with the start-of-match stoplight (& go!), mario, luigi, dk & yoshi, bumpers, stars & red/green shells.

finally, ridley (the space-pirate-captain dragon from metroid that makes a cameo appearance on brinstar) is named after ridley scott, the director of 'alien' (an homage to all of the obvious samus/ripley parallels.)

meh, that's all i got... :)

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I hate to be the one to whip out the dank memes, but this is an "Illuminati confirmed" post if I've ever seen one

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
haters gonna hate... it's gonna suck to be you when your mom finally kicks you out of her basement & you wake up to realize that your mediocre smash abilities are insufficient for garnering gainful employment in the real world... if i were you i'd start pumping some iron (you look a little skinny) so that you can make it at burger king (i hear those fry vats can give you carpal tunnel eventually)--since you play too much smash already you might be at-risk for that. peace out, chump... or did you want to keep up your little vendetta against me? :)

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
deep breaths

edit: since you edited your post, let's paraphrase the original post for posterity's sake. I think people will enjoy as much tko hissy fit overreaction as possible.

crawl back under your rock, choad... your avatar sucks so much it's unbelievable. did your mommy pick it out for you?
anyway, go on.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
well cobr does think tko is cuddly. I dunno. I suppose the absolute freak outs over minor dissent does fit the bill.

Annex

Smash Ace
the casts taunts are kinda like Aristotle's 12 virtues

bravery and valor: :link64:
self-control and restraint: :fox64:
bigheartness, generosity: :yoshi64:
radiance, joie de vivre: :mario64:
self-satisfaction: :falcon64:
respect, admiration: :ness64:
equanimity, level headedness: :luigi64:
conviviality and sociability: :kirby64:
straightforwardness, frankness: :jigglypuff64:
meaninglessness and absurdity: :dk64:
camaraderie and companionship: :pikachu64:
evenhandedness and fairness: :samus64:

oh wait this thread is ded

Last edited:

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
or did you want to keep up your little vendetta against me? :)
guess that's a yes. don't worry champ i'm cool as a cucumber--hey be sure to protect that e-fame; it's the only thing you have going for you... have fun trolling the waters, getting eaten alive in high school & sucking at life! maybe if your balls ever drop you'll learn how to buck up & stop being such a despondent, cantankerous little freak. :)

by the by if anyone's curious why star king likes to attack my posts, feel free to look through my first few posts here. he was reaal welcoming to me when i joined.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
there's someone with a vendetta here alright

but it isn't me

did I ever attack you like you did to me in this thread? nope. you attempting to play the victim isn't going to fool anybody.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom