• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red like roses, fills my MultiVersus dreams - RWBY General Support Thread

Which member of Team RWBY is your favorite?

• Total voters

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
p10665091_b_h10_aa.jpg

This is the general support thread for all RWBY-related characters.

What is RWBY?
RWBY is an animated web series created by Monty Oum for Rooster Teeth. The series centers on a group of hunters and huntresses who protect the world of Remnant from vicious monsters known as the Grimm. The name RWBY is an acronym for the four main huntresses: Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long.

What content can RWBY provide?
Coming from an action/adventure series, the characters of RWBY lend themselves well to a fighting game. Each character is equipped with their own weapon, as well as a special power known as a semblance, which is unique to each individual. Here is a breakdown for Team RWBY:
  • Ruby Rose - Her weapon is Crescent Rose, a giant scythe that can transform into a gun. Her semblance is Petal Burst, which allows her dash with inhuman speed, leaving behind roses.​
  • Weiss Schnee - Wields the Myrtenaster, a rapier that contains cartridges for dust (the energy source in Remnant). She uses her weapon for close combat and as a method to use her semblance: Glyphs. These are icy objects and creatures that Weiss can summon to aid her in combat. Glyphs can be almost anything: Ramps to propel Weiss in the air, projectiles, and even allies like a giant knight.​
  • Blake Belladonna - Uses the Gambol Shroud, a versatile weapon that is an all-in-one cleaver, backsword and pistol. Her semblance is Shadow, the ability to shadow-clone herself to trick her opponents.​
  • Yang Xiao Long - Wields the Ember Celica, a pair of gauntlets that can expel explosives with each punch. Her semblance, Burn, allows her to absorb damage then deal it back with greater force.​
As you can see, each member of Team RWBY presents a unique playstyle. In addition, there are other notable hunters/huntresses, as well as villains that would be fun to play as. These include Team JNPR, Penny, Qrow, Sun, Cinder, Neopolitan and so many others. Here are some videos showcasing these characters in action:

In terms of music, there are a ton of bangers they can choose. Just listen to some of these:

Finally, there is the stage. RWBY has plenty of notable, vibrant locations to choose for an arena. Here are some examples (in order): Beacon Academy, Emerald Forest, Atlas

download (33).jpeg

DgPiAUpU0AE70i-.jpg

weston-t-jones-atlasearly.jpg

Why should RWBY be in MultiVersus?
RWBY is one of Rooster Teeth's most popular and successful IPs. As of this writing, there are eight volumes (seasons) with a ninth one in development, an anime, several video games, a chibi spinoff, some official manga adaptations, books, and a ton of merchandise. RWBY is also no stranger to crossovers. In addition to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, there has been a RWBY event for both Smite and Paladins. Next, Warner Bros fully owns Rooster Teeth and they have given RWBY the nod, with multiple references in the mainstream film, Doctor Sleep.

Overall, RWBY is a standout franchise for Rooster Teeth and has a dedicated fanbase. Yang even won Warner Media's bracket challenge earlier this year, beating Harley Quinn and even god dam Bugs Bunny!

Now give us RWBY.

Supporters
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5
UserKev UserKev
Yitsul Yitsul
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Add me to the list of supporters. 👍

Ruby Rose should be the first to properly rep R.W.B.Y. Weiss is an undeniable fan favorite but would work best as the series 2nd representation.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
1684959676072.png

I commissioned art from A Nerd Attempts Art for winning my multiversus poll. Popeye on the way too.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I support Ruby Rose

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just realized I never pledged my support for a RWBY character getting in.

Top Bottom