• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red Alert 2 Windows 8.1 Compatibility Overclocking Question

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving.

My reason for this post is to ask if there exists any Overclocking issues that may damage my father's computer.

He has a Windows 8.1 operating system and Red Alert 2 is being run from the Command and Conquer The First Decade Disc (2006 edition).

Below are the things that I changed for the Compatibility settings for Red Alert 2. " ; " represents what I have changed.

Default RA2 files:

1) Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows xp (Service Pack 2); made it compatible with Windows 8.

2) Reduced color mode = off; reduced color mode.

3) 8-bit; 16-bit mode enabled

4) Run this program as an administrator = off; turned this on.

These are the only changes that I made.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wait I don't get it, what overclocking issues would you even expect? Have you actually overclocked the computer? As long as your overclock profile is stable, there should be no reason why running this particular game would cause any issues, I mean it's like 20 years old even a toaster could run it.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Wait I don't get it, what overclocking issues would you even expect? Have you actually overclocked the computer? As long as your overclock profile is stable, there should be no reason why running this particular game would cause any issues, I mean it's like 20 years old even a toaster could run it.
I have not overclocked anything, just wondering if something may result. This does not seem to be the case.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

P.S. Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom