• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery?

Toon link is 2cute!

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-6547-1774
Hey all. So i love ness, and use him constantly since he is destructive. However in my battles i always come into this one problem, which is recovering. I can aim pk thunder well enough but usually, my opponent just shoots a projectile
Or if they dont have one, they just stand in the way of it and take a hit from it, getting rid of it and thus, making me die. And i usually lose my double jump because of DJC. So what way can i recover reliably? Because once im off stage, im essentially dead unless i somehow do manage to hit myself with pk thunder.

TLDR: what reliable way can i recover outside of double jumps and pk thunder?

Thanks

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry if I'm miss reading this. But when you are recovering you're sending your pk thunder after towards the stage?

Toon link is 2cute!

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-6547-1774
Dont know if this answers your question but i aim it towards me in the direction i want to go but before i manage to hit myself, my opponent gets rid of the actual pk thunder

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, you may be trying to recover too close to the stage. you could try either pkt2 from farther away, get close so they cant snipe and ride pkt2 up the said of the stage, or you could try sending pkt around in the opposite direction. I've found the safest way for me to get back on stage is a raising f-air.
Also don't forget you stall in the air with magnet.
You should also watch some ness videos and see where they recover. and also practice to see where you can recover from on every stage. practice as many angles as possible on both sides of the stage.
I hope this helps if not we can try getting some other ness' in here.

Steak1ey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-3765-3357
Get tricky with your recovery. Ness can recover from a very long distance (which may be changed in 3.5, but for now), so there are a plentiful amount of options. If your opponent is hitting PKTh with projectiles, position Ness under the edge before recovering. Teach yourself the quickest way to use PKTh as a recovery so your opponent doesn't have a chance to block it. Don't be afraid to aim yourself at your opponent if they look like they are about to rush you mid-recovery. It's definitely not an impossible task either. You can make it very hard to edgeguard Ness.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
try mastering sweetspots toward the edge

this can be easy to edge guard but it gives u another recover mix up when they get used to you recovering high

if u recover high, get good at falling jukes haha. like drift left or right, or left then right, etc. after the pkt2

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
Step 1: Learn to DJC
Step 2: Learn to aim PKT2
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Consistently get top 5 at locals
Step 5: Profit

Top Bottom