• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Question from a Noob.

Shazaam

Smash Rookie
I'm new to SSBM, and after having a grand old time playing SSB, I just had to buy this.

I just had a question regarding different techniques for reaching back to the stage after being knocked off considerably far. I know there's the usual two jump and Up-B, but I want to use Link's full ability to reach even farther in unfortunate situations. I was just wondering the different ways to maximize his reach after being knocked off. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanked for.

Thank you.

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
you can air dodge and then use your hookshot with z
you can also throw a bomb up and then up b into it and then do another up b

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, practice air dodging and then sinking your hookshot into a ledge. You will grapple onto it and press A to pull yourself up. Then incorporate it into your game.

Shazaam

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much for the responses. I appreciate it.

I should read the FAQs. It's probably extremely helpful.

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
don't look at the combo's section of the faqs. they're terrible and you can pull most of them off only on CPUs who don't DI. But as far as recovery, it should be helpful.

Top Bottom