• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Move to Ledge - Lag decrease

viewtiful_jon

Smash Apprentice
As I'm sure you're aware by now, Up-B or Forward-B to ledge results in the normal landing lag for those moves the next time the Captain (and several other characters) jumps and lands on the ground. However, as I was messing around in training mode yesterday, I thought I saw a decrease (not canceling) of this lag if something was auto-canceled off the ledge, or even if something with less lag was used during landing. For example, I would Up-B to the ledge, then ledge-hop an air dodge onto the stage and the lag for the Up-B was seemingly not as large. Later, after another Up-B to the ledge, I ledge-hopped a nair, and fastfalled to make both kicks hit the opponent, and the minimal nair lag was present rather than the lag of the Up-B. I need to test it further to be sure, but this may work not only for reducing landing lag of a recovery move to the ledge, but may be useful in normal landing after hitting your opponent with an Up-B. If this indeed works, I hope it will open up Up-B as a viable move to use on opponents at low percents to replace the low range grab, as the opponents attempt to punish can be canceled by a single nair hit to grab "combo".

While on the subject of Up-B lag:
I'm not sure if this is old or not, but if the Captain lands at the apex of the little jump he does after landing an Up-B on the opponent, there is less lag (at least, I think so, but the time I did that was a long time ago).

To conclude, I would like to say as a disclaimer that I may not have been perfectly focused at the time I saw these results, and they may just have been my hopeful wishes for the Captain making me see something different than what I saw, and as such further testing from all Falcon mains would be appreciated in addition to my own additional testing.

Top Bottom