• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering.

JST

Smash Apprentice
It's no secret that D3's recovery is terribly easy to intercept. So how do you guys cover yourselves as you float back to the stage?

If I'm below the ledge, I usually threaten the other guy with uairs, and if I'm way up, I turn around and begin bairing if my opponent shows that he's rairin to edgeguard me.

However, the biggeest problem is when I'm forced to UpB. If I go for the edge, the other guy is content to just sit there and wait for me to cancel it or land. If I try to land, well, I get my *** handed to me either way.

How do you guys get around this?

leonin

Smash Cadet
I rarely use UpB to recover,i can use mid jumps with ease,if i see an enemy attempting edgeguard i'll intercept it using Fair.
If i'm in a need to use UpB,i usually do it near the bottom of the arena,reducing chances to be predicted by your enemy with it.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yea I never really have to use up+b to recover. Just jumps and intercept any gimpers with an aerial.

This would be a good time to use Inhale too ;)

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Yea I never really have to use up+b to recover. Just jumps and intercept any gimpers with an aerial.

This would be a good time to use Inhale too ;)
Aye. If ever I need to recover with up+B, though, I'll try to stop it just above the ledge 95% of the time.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes it's fun to use the up+b way up high and far away from the stage so you might be able to meteor smash them if they try to intercept you. It's fun to watch lol.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
If your recovering correctly, you'll get the beneficial recovering distance out of the multiple jumps. If you must, mix up the time you cancel in his UpB, so you won't be predictable.

Omit

Smash Apprentice
Cancel it quickly when you´re going for the ledge and your opponent might get confused XD

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Okay, so I dont use my up b unless I have to, but it seems like wen I have to, Im screwed. It doesnt matter what I do, I get countered. I noticed problems with the super armor frames as well. I try to us the frames and stay invicible for the recovery, but they hit me out of it...

Top Bottom