• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering Yoshi?

Grimga

Smash Cadet
So yeah Im not gonna lie Yoshi is my favorite Mario series character and yes yes im awful with him but only for one reason...Recovery ok lets face it Yoshis recovery is awful, but i would love to hear from Yoshi mains whats a great way to recover?:confused:

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
You got to be kidding me
saying his recovery is awful

He has heavy armor in his 2nd jump
but be aware you should not even waste that

we recover while egg bombing
or with a Uair
or hell sometimes with nair
and you can recover while air dodging which helps a lot

Yoshi's recovery is win
not awful

Grimga

Smash Cadet
You got to be kidding me
saying his recovery is awful

He has heavy armor in his 2nd jump
but be aware you should not even waste that

we recover while egg bombing
or with a Uair
or hell sometimes with nair
and you can recover while air dodging which helps a lot

Yoshi's recovery is win
not awful
like awful as in, its just a jump because he has no up-b recovery, i use up-b more as to hover down

Mmac

Smash Lord
1. Double Jump
2. Airdodge when near threat
3. ???
4. Profit!

His Recovery is far from awful, it just needs understanding how it works and how to use it so that you don't stupidly kill yourself trying to

Grimga

Smash Cadet
1. Double Jump
2. Airdodge when near threat
3. ???
4. Profit!

His Recovery is far from awful, it just needs understanding how it works and how to use it so that you don't stupidly kill yourself trying to

ok thanks im just trying to get my yoshi skills up

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
like awful as in, its just a jump because he has no up-b recovery, i use up-b more as to hover down
If I understand you correctly, you're double jumping, and then egg tossing, right?

You want to remember that you can egg toss before double jumping. Use the aerial momentum and egg tosses to get closer to the stage, and then double jump (and air dodge, if necessary) to make it back. There are times you don't even need the double jump to get back.

Grimga

Smash Cadet
If I understand you correctly, you're double jumping, and then egg tossing, right?

You want to remember that you can egg toss before double jumping. Use the aerial momentum and egg tosses to get closer to the stage, and then double jump (and air dodge, if necessary) to make it back. There are times you don't even need the double jump to get back.
ah that also helps thank you

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Try to recover from really high or really low. When recovering from low on the stage notice that your DJ doesnt autocancel on the ledge, except at the very beginning, to account for this, cancel your DJ with an egg-toss to autocancel onto the ledge.

When recovering high make sure to vary your game so you dont get smashed on the way down. Maybe Yoshi bomb onto the ledge one time, land behind them the next etc.

That is the best part if Yoshi's recovery, people on stage have a tough time getting to the point where he lands since he is so fast. :)

Good luck with your Yoshi :D

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
i would say in some ways yoshi recover is like wolf's in my opinion its better cause yoshi has options.
it just takes time to get use to like wolfs. watch some vids see how yoshis recover

Top Bottom