• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering from ledge.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Just wondering what everybody do while on the ledge...

If it's a friendly, I just a/b attack back on, or just roll.. Or annoy my opponent by ledge hopping pulling out a bomb, then going back on ledge, ledge hop, throw, stay on ledge some more, and repeat..

If it's a tournament match, I mix up the combination of rolling, or ledge hopping forward air(I try to do n-air, but I have a habit of pressing forward while ledge hopping.. and plus, f-air has more range =])... Or same bomb technique I do in friendly, but I'm a LOT more cautious when doing it here. All this followed by a few ledge stalls.

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
I usually ledge hop Fair or Dair, but i roll and just a/b get up some times too

and sometimes i ledge hop, up B in friendlies

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
i often jump up but when i ledge hop, i fair or nair.
but i usually use link so things might be a little different.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i like to ledgehop nair. imean theres not really much to do, i also like to ledgehop bomb throw if i have a bomb in hand.

to tell the truth i like to use all the aerials but the uair and dair is rarely used. only when the opponent has high % i will usually do a dair.

ledgehop fairs are pretty common too

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
ledgehopping any of ylink's aerials is good. i love that bomb ledgehop u described, except i only do it once cuz i would get killed ;)

Laijin

Smash Hero
If the person is very close to edge, then using u-air from it helps alot. Other than that, I just normally throw a bomb at them which normally disrupts thieir edge guarding(As they will either take the hit or shield).

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
If someone is near the edge about to D smash me I jump and pull a B air behind them. Other wise I ledge hop a N,F air.

P.S ( your so lucky you can jump from the ledge and catch a bomb it is so hard, I dont know how much faster I need to go. lol)

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I tend to mix it up quite evenly, I can't say I never use one and always another. Generally though I don't toss bombs from the edge, unless I've already got one on me, I find it's not worth the risk. Also, the rising attack (“A” while on edge) option becomes all but obselete against the slightest proficiency of sheild-grabbing, though it can be laced in on the rare occasion.

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
In friendlies, I like to jump up and hookshot the opponent is the face >_>

Really annoys them when they are a small distance from the ledge >_>

Chip.

you know what to do
When on the edge, get invicibility frames from the edge and do a legehop nair. Fair is good too, but people can take advantage of the fair if not executed properly, don' worry about it if you mastered it though :chuckle:. Ledgehop uair is good too if there anywhere above the ledge jumping in that area that is.

Top Bottom