• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering against Luigi

The Golden Ike

Smash Rookie
In a situation where I'm low enough and have to use Aether to recover, Luigi's fireballs will hit me before I can sweetspot the ledge. No matter how high up or low I start the Aether, I always get hit by his fireball spam causing me to go into an aether-loop of constantly trying to recover and getting hit by another fireball. I eventually just rage quit after failing to grab the ledge 20+ fireballs in a row. Is there anyway to get past this or is it just an instant loss stock if I have to use Aether to recover against Luigi?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sounds like a very specific edge case. I'd just aether high and if he times the next fireball correctly, aim it forward. You'd eat damage but make it back. Best to save your jumps against the more gimmicky stuff.

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic
Huh, if that Luigi player has good timing with fireballs the only thing you can do is use up b when he hits you have to take advantage the aether's superarmor frames

Top Bottom