• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

recording smash with VCR

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to record smash with your VCR/DVD player because im trying to get it to work and its not working.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dunno what you're doing, but yes it is possible.

1. plug the VCR into the wall (this is important)
2. plug the VCR into the TV (most likely via either the yellow and white AV cables or RF switch)
3. plug your gamecube into the VCR (also with AV cables, but into the INPUT section)
4. Turn your TV on, to the channel that you use your VCR on (3 or 4 usually if you use an RF switch; AV, VIDEO, INPUT, etc. if you use the colored cables)
5. If applicable, turn your VCR to the channel that you would normally watch a movie on.
6. Turn Smash on.
7. Insert a Recordable Video Tape and Press Record, on your VCR, and start playing.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
This is old, but after you get your matches on a tape via VCR, is it possible to get the matches onto the computer without a capture card? Also is there a way to record matches with a normal digital camera, not a camcorder?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Yes.I either record with a digital camera or record with a Tape for better quality and stuff,then I would transfer it to my computer and edit the video and upload it on youtube or any other video site I use.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem with mine. I've been trying to use the VCR to record matches but it's not working for some reason. Does the type of VCR and/or TV matter in this?

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
DVD Recorders are much easier to use. If you use a VCR you will need a capture card.

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
I just need to ifnd out how to just get certain ones off because it uses different chapters.

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
I may or may not be completely crazy, but here it goes:

When we (my family) digitized all our old VHS tapes (old birthdays, whatnot), we had this thingy called an analog-digital converter, and in conjunction with WMM (or some other movie program) we made .avi s out of our VHS. So is an A/D converter the same thing as a capture card, or am I ********?

Top Bottom