• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recommended Wii-Chuck Controller Layout!?

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
I have a GCC but most of my friends don't. So when I'm at a friend's house and we pop in Brawl, I have NO IDEA how to play with the wii-chuck (aka wii remote and nunchuck). I'd like to see what button layouts you use for Wii-chuck, and maybe it could help me to create my own.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
I'm a complete weirdo, but here's my layout for wiimote+nunchuck, it actually feels intuitive after a while, although some friends have actually adjusted quite well to the default, so don't count it out! Anyways:

• C: JUMP
  • Z: GRAB
  • B: SHIELD
  • down arrow: SPECIAL
  • left/right arrow: SIDE TAUNT
  • No tap jump
  • No shake to smash

I'm thinking about switching around C and Z, but that is yet to be decided.

Also, here's the default control scheme/menu for reference!

bpjk27

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4012-4965-4738
Is it possible to set the d-pad to smash? If so, you could compensate for the lack of a c-stick by setting the d-pad to smash.

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
nah, I actually dont mind shake to smash. its usually pretty responsive since i dont move the controller around too much when playing. I usually set jump to down on the d pad though. setting that to special could work tho...

Top Bottom