• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recommended special moves?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I feel sometimes with Gunner it comes down to personal preference. I mostly run Grenades, Flame Pillar, Rocket Uppercut, and Bomb Drop but I've been trying out other ones like Lunar Launch and Gunner Missile.

The only custom that I would advise not using is the rapid shots and the PSI Magnet one. The PSI one isn't to bad but I think Echo Reflector is just has more utility in certain match-ups. The rapid fire one isn't bad either but it is greatly overshadowed by it's other much better Neutral-B's.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
It boils down to preference or having to switch up based on the matchup

Neutral B - grenades.
  • Charge shot is weak, but can really damage shields when paired with missiles and bombs
  • Laser blaze (the fox blaster equivalent) can force the opponent to come to you because of free damage, but the rate of fire is worse than fox's. I don't think anyone uses this one.

Side b - depends on the matchup/preference
  • Flame pillar makes a decent shield against most projectiles, but lacks range.
  • Stealth burst is like din's fire, but without the ability to aim it. Decent against characters like rosalina or villager.
  • Gunner missile is basically samus' missiles but with better homing properties. Gives you a long range option.
Up - Preference. I like lunar launch or cannon uppercut
  • Lunar launch shoots a projectile below, but you're vulnerable from above. Good vertical recovery.
  • Cannon uppercut lets you spike people and attack above you, but its horizontal and vertical recovery are bad.
  • Arm rocket lets you aim the direction you fly in, but doesn't damage opponents.
Down - preference/matchup specific
  • Reflector is good against opposing projectile users
  • Bomb drop gives you (a little) protection below opponents in the air/damages shields decently
  • Vortex is alright against energy projectiles and can gain a little extra jump height, but not much.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
GS3K has it right.

Surprisingly, Laser blaze seems to have a better DPS than Fox's blaster.

I recommend becoming familiar with all specials. You'll have an easier time switching them out depending on the MU than sticking with 1 set the entire way through.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
While were asking questions; what is the most preferred size for the Gunner? I've been running around 1/4 size for the most part but I'm not sure if I should go smaller.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I went with 3312. Is there any other good movesets with it?

Also, everyone, of what height and weight is your Mii Gunner?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I play a 25/0 3332 gunner. Down b I sometimes switch depending on the matchup, but I usually keep it the same when I can.

Top Bottom