• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recolor help?

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,
I was just trying to do a recolor for Naruto (it's my first one), and it's not showing up in the game! I recolored the CSPs, BPs, etc. and all of them showed up, but the actual texture is just showing up as Naruto's original orange. And what's even weirder is that I previewed the model (FitGameWatch01.pac) in BrawlBox, and it showed up as the recolor. So why does BrawlBox say that it worked, but not the game?

Last edited:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
There is no such thing as FitGameWatch01.pac. Anything on Mr.G&W cannot have recolors unless the model is configured to do such in the 00.

Orange Naruto's all around!

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks for the quick reply. Do you know how to configure the FitGameWatch00, or is there a guide to do that?

Last edited:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well the G&W file manages the recolors by taking a solid polygon like say his whole head and changing it from black to blue. One solid color via a code rather than a texture. You'd have to rebuild the model completely and dived everything by colors in order for them to be recolored.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Just as an FYI, you could go find a naruto texture for Ike ( there are too many out there ), and recoulour that to your liking.

Tip: Unless you really know what you're doing, DO NOT screw around with G&W. He's a pain in the A$$.

:phone:

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice! I just wanted to do Naruto for G&W because I noticed that there were no alternate colors out for him. But I'll steer clear of G&W for a while.

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The only way to edit G&W's colors is to edit his CLR0 files in his character data. No CLR0=no recolors.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Would I have to get those from the ISO? Because I don't think I've ever seen a file like that before... I'll check Mediafire.

Edit: I checked the ISO; there's FitGameWatch00.pac, FitGameWatchDark.pac, FitGameWatchSpy.pac, FitGameWatchEntry.pac, FitGameWatchFinal.pac, FitGameWatchMotionEtc.pac, and FitGameWatch.pac. Where would the CRL0 files be?

Last edited:

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Would I have to get those from the SSBB ISO? Because I don't think I've ever seen a file like that in the ISO before... I'll check Mediafire!

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I checked the ISO, there's only the FitGameWatch00.pac and pcs files, along with FitGameWatchDark.pac/pcs, FitGameWatchSpy.pac/pcs, FitGameWatchEntry.pac, FitGameWatchFinal.pac, FitGameWatchMotionEtc.pac, and FitGameWatch.pac. Would the CRL0 files be in the FitGameWatch.pac or the FitGameWatch00.pac?
I believe the CLR0 files are raw character animation files and are found in "FitGameWatchMotionEtc.pac". My way of getting to them is to open up "FitGameWatch00.pac" in brawlbox, open up the model, and on the right sidebar, click "open external file". Now, open up the "FitGameWatchMotionEtc.pac", and all the aimations will appear on the side. You can export those as CLR0 files.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure how to even recoulor the CLR0 files because, as I mentioned before, they are just character animations. The only time I ever use them is when I'm inserting animations, ad for that, I just open up Brawlbox, do what I mentioned before, but instead of exporting the CLR0, replace it. That might work for you, or it might not. Mess around with it and see what you can find.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
I actually began doing that a day or so ago, when I was looking through the ISO on Mediafire since I didn't know where the CRL0 file was. Just seeing all of those files really got me fired up to see what they did.

I'm starting to learn about animation hacking - soon I'll be able to modify that CRL0 file! And then I can finally create a purple Naruto.

Last edited:

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
I actually began doing that a day or so ago, when I was looking through the ISO on Mediafire since I didn't know where the CRL0 file was. Just seeing all of those files, many of which had functions unknown to me, really got me fired up to see what they all did. :awesome:
I'm starting to learn about animation hacking - soon I'll be able to modify that CRL0 file! And then the world will shake at the sight of my purple Naruto. :cool:
I'm pretty sure that the mediafire archive doesn't have all the files - find an actualI ISO and rip the files from it. (Not gonna tell you how to do that since it's technicaly illegal)

Also, purple naruto?

Purple?

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Yes, purple! And yeah, Mediafire only has the files that are supposed to be used for hacking. I can probably get the ISO somehow (I do own the Brawl disc), but Mediafire has enough for me right now.

Last edited:

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Mediafire only has the files that are "supposed" to be used for hacking. I can probably acquire the ISO somehow (I do own the Brawl disc itself), but Mediafire has enough for me right now. :)

Yes, purple. You see, purple is the master color, and together with blue and green, it shall rule the world of colored Narutos. That, and it looks good. xD
How's it going? Should I help experiment too?

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
It's going well! I just learned how to edit animations and I'm now experimenting on Captain Falcon. Soon I'll try Mr. Game and Watch when I've got it down!

Last edited:

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
It's going excellently! I just learned how to edit animations and I'm now experimenting on Captain Falcon as practice. Soon I'll progress to Mr. Game and Watch when I've got it down perfectly!
Check my youtube channel for a plesant surprise.

www.youtube.com/user/darklink2678

Edit: Seriously,why does everyone experiment on Captain Falcon?

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, very funny.

I'm working on Kirby now. I've got him turning flat when he runs. Haha...

Last edited:

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Um... I can't seem to download the files. I went to the Link, and it just gives me something that looks like an advertisement for mediafire. I don't see the download anywhere. Could you upload it again, please?

By the way, what do you mean by not working? Does it crash the game, or does it just not show up?

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
Um... I can't seem to download the files. I went to the Link, and it just gives me something that looks like an advertisement for mediafire. I don't see the download anywhere. Could you upload it again, please?

By the way, what do you mean by not working? Does it crash the game, or does it just not show up?
Sorry, I think it was a bad link. Try this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ar4i4sc8636ugk

And I meant that it's not showing up in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom