• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[rec]

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Quite possibly the best horror movie I have seen. Here is the imdb page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/. This movie actually scarred me, which is very hard, seeing how the only other movie that has scarred me was Jumanji way back when I was in grade 2. I highly recommend this movie. Sadly it probally will not reach american stores until the remake is out. Although there are certain ways to watch it using the powers of the internet ;)

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Ya apparently they made an american remake that is being released in october. They are calling it Quarantine.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
From what i read of a synopsis it seems to be zombie based. That's interesting, as I was telling one of my friends that a Cloverfield type film in a zombie apocalypses would be great. I doubt this is the same type of thing, but still.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
I liked cloverfield, but [rec] was better. Also Zombie godfather George A. Romero is releasing a new film Diary of the Dead, shot shaky cam style.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
I just watched À l'intérieur. I now change the best horror film to À l'intérieur, [rec] is probally still the scariest but À l'intérieur, has left me disturbed and agitated. Here is the link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0856288/. If you are a horror movie fan check out both of the films I have mentioned.
P.S. Sorry for the double post

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Well [rec] has zombies. But that is from "viruses" so not really super natural. À l'intérieur is not super natural. And as a side note, since you mentioned Saw, À l'intérieur dwarfs Saw in gore and blood.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Ok, Zombie movies count. It technically could happen, y'know. Plus zombie movies are great anyway.

Also, I never watched the SaW movies for the gore, admittedly the murders where interesting, and the movies main selling point (Which "Untraceable" tried to recreate, but failed) - I watched them for the ingenious plot twists. That's also why I stopped after the third. It was like they had to force it. The first two were great, though.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
You wanna know the weird thing? Someone I know predicted how the first one would turn out. He just said, "The dead guy on the floor is still alive, he did it." I was like, "Ok. Sure." Then, "0_0"

Symphony X

Smash Lord
You wanna know the weird thing? Someone I know predicted how the first one would turn out. He just said, "The dead guy on the floor is still alive, he did it." I was like, "Ok. Sure." Then, "0_0"

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Wow, actually that does look good. I'm sure the remake will suck balls though like they always do. Greedy *******s.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hrm. Are both these movies supernatural horrors? Because I can't stand those. I prefer real life horror, such as Vacancy, SaW, etc.
I detest this new trend in horror movies to make a movie where the basis is to watch a person suffer. I let it go for a while and thought Saw was actually well done. Not great, but not as bad as I thought it would have been. Saw 2 was the decline. Then you have movies like Hostel which feature 2D characters served just to die. In the second one, I caught myself actually happy when that annoying girl died. She was a terrible actress, a stupid character, and I was happy when she died. That's an awful ability with a movie, and I really hate it.

I pretty much just watch Asian Horror at this point. But, I LOVE zombie anything.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I detest this new trend in horror movies to make a movie where the basis is to watch a person suffer. I let it go for a while and thought Saw was actually well done. Not great, but not as bad as I thought it would have been. Saw 2 was the decline. Then you have movies like Hostel which feature 2D characters served just to die. In the second one, I caught myself actually happy when that annoying girl died. She was a terrible actress, a stupid character, and I was happy when she died. That's an awful ability with a movie, and I really hate it.

I pretty much just watch Asian Horror at this point. But, I LOVE zombie anything.
Ck, you must love Hostel then

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Finally watched it, and it was one of the best horror movies I've seen in a while. Especially since the reporter was so hot.

Top Bottom