• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

really bad mistake

In which game do you think Gannon was at his best?

• Super Smash Bros Melee

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ryo31337

Smash Rookie
Ok, so this is something I found through a bit of gameplay, granted, I might not be the first to figure this out, but playing the new Smash Bros online, I've found this to be a technique that no ones uses. Now, this isn't a pro guide to Gannon, just a basic punish to use in your every day game.

We all know what a punish is, I assume, but for those who don't, a punish is simply a term used to describe a move/set of attacks used, to punish a player for missing an attack or grab. This punish in particular punishes Gannondorf, and by way of cloning, Captain Falcon, for using their side specials. Its quite simple really, just predict the special, then jump in the air, and use your down aerial!

Now, this might be common sense to some of you, but to most, I never see it used. I started using it back in Melee, and decided to spread awareness!

Also, I'm running a small poll to ask you guys, in which game do you think Gannon was most powerful? Feel free to tell me, at your discretion!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol. If Ganon misses a side-b, depending on percent, just grab. With chaingrab you're guaranteed dthrow from 60ish plus fair/bair, which is often better than dair into fair.

Ryo31337

Smash Rookie
Well, it's a technique you use as Gannon, against anyone with some sort of dash move, yet easiest against Gannons and Captain Falcons.

G4n0nM4st3r

Smash Rookie
Even better simple punish as Ganon!

Falco is above you fast falling with dair.

Use Ganon's side special and win.

Top Bottom