• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rawr - A Wolf Montage Video by Zantetsu *Seeking Advice*

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I wanted to fool around in Sony Vegas some more and I decided I would make a Wolf Montage video. I'm actually not to happy on how this turned out. All clips were gathered in a 4-5 hour time span at a friends so I think I rushed it D:

Anyways, I know this is supposed to be in the video discussion but I'm coming here for advice. Anything I should be doing more or less, am I doing something wrong, etc.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYqZHnefoGU

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Finally, somebody makes an awesome Wolf combo video ( Yeah I know, combos don't really exist in Brawl. But who cares? This video is still awesome ) and nobody bothers commenting? Maybe someone else can critique, but I think you looked pretty flawless in that video.

§witch

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree with lightning. "Not too happy", why the hell not, that was a pretty epic video. I don't really know much artsy stuff but looked great to me.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

1Two3

Smash Rookie
Thats a good wolf. Good job with the vid. Although I do not main Wolf (use him every once in a while) I suggest working on Wolf's spike. Other than that, nothing!

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
You have pathetic opposition. That's my only criticism and until you play someone decent we can't give any constructive criticism.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You have pathetic opposition. That's my only criticism and until you play someone decent we can't give any constructive criticism.
Ehh, don't bother then. I'm only 14 so I have no way of traveling for competition so I have to stick with what I have =\

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
Too much juggling/spiking action. It's kinda entertaining, but what happens when people shield your shop aerials? Also, what Kreeeee said.

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
I can do what you do against my flatmates because they suck but at the local tournaments I get my *** handed to me if I'm as predictable as you are in your video. There are so many situations where a decent opponent would have broken out of your "combos" and smacked you around. Play against an opponent who knows the definition of "punish" and post up a video of that.

You asked for advice and there it is, probably more blunt that you'd have liked but you'll live.

Not-Beef

Smash Apprentice
I live on P.E.I. Never heard of it? It's in Canada
A level 8 computer is better than your opponents, but you did know where to go. You predicted that they wouldn't DI, which takes a certain skill in itself, and there was some sick stuff in there. Good job, but you might want to find better friends. ^ ^

Of course I'm kidding.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I can do what you do against my flatmates because they suck but at the local tournaments I get my *** handed to me if I'm as predictable as you are in your video. There are so many situations where a decent opponent would have broken out of your "combos" and smacked you around. Play against an opponent who knows the definition of "punish" and post up a video of that.

You asked for advice and there it is, probably more blunt that you'd have liked but you'll live.
Lol, actually thats not the advice I was looking for.

Seriously. What the hell am I supposed to do about my friends sucking? I'm really tired of hearing the same **** over and over.

"Your friends suck but great video!"

I'm just going to have to work with what I got until I move to socal in 4 years >_>

Btw, I'm looking for advice in my playstyle. :D

*Awaits another smart *** reply*

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
Lol, actually thats not the advice I was looking for.

Seriously. What the hell am I supposed to do about my friends sucking? I'm really tired of hearing the same **** over and over.

"Your friends suck but great video!"

I'm just going to have to work with what I got until I move to socal in 4 years >_>

Btw, I'm looking for advice in my playstyle. :D

*Awaits another smart *** reply*
Get a clue kid.

Until you play someone who fights back we have no idea how good you are. All we can see are easy chain combos against an opponent who has never heard of shield, DI or air dodges, and we can't give advice for that except play better people.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Get a clue kid.

Until you play someone who fights back we have no idea how good you are. All we can see are easy chain combos against an opponent who has never heard of shield, DI or air dodges, and we can't give advice for that except play better people.
You can comment on someones playstyle without looking at there opponents. I've gotten a few responses telling my that I do to many bairs and I should do more lasers.

All I said was that I didn't have any way to travel and I have to stick with what I got and then you had to be a dic* out of no where for something that I have no power of controlling. If you want to continue this stupid argument then go to my profile and add my msn/aim.

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
Awesome, shall we all resort to name calling?

I'll continue this argument on here thank you very much. Your play-style will change enormously when you play your first semi-decent opponent and as such there is no point commenting on your actions when you are playing what equates to a level 7 computer.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Awesome, shall we all resort to name calling?

I'll continue this argument on here thank you very much. Your play-style will change enormously when you play your first semi-decent opponent and as such there is no point commenting on your actions when you are playing what equates to a level 7 computer.
Flaming is against the rules and I really don't want to get any more infractions then I already got. I'm probably going to get one from cursing anyways.

It seems that everyone thats going to view this thread has already viewed it and those who wanted to make comments have already made there comments.

Theres no need for this thread to be open because all me and you are going to do is spam it up even more.

Mod's, feel free to close. Kreeee, I will reply to what I've quoted above through AIM or MSN. All you have to do is add and I'll gladly accept and reply.

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
I've said all there is to say. Without better opposition no one can help you improve your game.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
It doesnt matter if he wants to improve or not, and who cares if his friends sucks. Make your critisims and shut up about it. Now then for my criticism:

I didnt watch the whole thing simply because it was pretty boring to me, but still on a good bases, not a bad vid at all. Gameplay is a whole other story so lets not get into that(since what kreeee did say in some post are true if you WANT to get better. Of course you can't do much about your personal problems like being unable to travel in such but you could always try hosting local tournaments. In the long run, it still helps). Better than average vid, and I hope you improve and make better vids in the future.

-Sa10

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
You can comment on someones playstyle without looking at there opponents. I've gotten a few responses telling my that I do to many bairs and I should do more lasers.
Not to be abrasive, but that advice is far too general to be useful. I mean, in what situation should you use more lasers exactly?

The reason we can't give you constructive criticism like you want is because a major part of SSBB skill is the ability to adapt your playstyle. For example, if someone learns to reflect every single laser you shoot, then maybe you should just stick to bairs because option A obviously is not effective. You're not forced to do that type of work here. Your basic techniques and approaches look generally effective, but we don't know if you know anything besides that because your opponents aren't forcing you to do anything else. We're not blaming you for anything, such as 'having sucky friends.' We're saying we can't give you advice in good conscience, because that video doesn't tell us as much as you think. Don't get mad at someone who goes out of their way to post in your own thread trying to answer your question.

You have a solid grasp of the techniques necessary for a successful Wolf, but that's all I can say.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Okay BHLMRO, we really cant give you advice because this is a combo video. Upload some matches and then we can really help.( hope this solves everything.)

LAW-WOLF

Smash Rookie
Ok so kreee is right because without playing some1 at the same lvl as u are above u no1 can tell u how good u are

Kreeeee

Smash Cadet
I'm not asking how good I am. I was asking advice on my play style.

Just forget it >_>
Look at it objectively mate. Unless you play someone decent you don't have a play style, as you can easily do things you normally wouldn't get away with. You get it?

LAW-WOLF

Smash Rookie
Ok then this is me trying to help get some matches up so we can see game play but if ur as good as this vid made u look u need to play beter ppl cuz u cant get any beter playing the same bad ppl

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Look at it objectively mate. Unless you play someone decent you don't have a play style, as you can easily do things you normally wouldn't get away with. You get it?
Wow... You can't be serious...

This is the playstyle I always play and as you can see, I'm looking for advice. I'm not wanting people to judge my playstyle. I want people to help me change it.

Top Bottom