• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rawk Hawk for Brawl!

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
The big, burly champion of the Glitz Pit, Rawk Hawk ("Gold Hawk" in Japan) is undefeated. The player may at first believe he is the chapter boss but during Mario's time in the major league it is revealed Hawk's crystal star is made of glass. He is a shady character that will do anything to win when Mario, or rather, the "Great Gonzales", climbs the ranks. He resorts to attempting to poison Mario with a slice of cake, and having security lock Mario in an unused locker room prior to Mario's fight with him. However, after his defeat, he promises to fight fairly. He also appears in a humorous cutscene in the game when Bowser and Kammy Koopa arrive at his private gym, during which Bowser calls him a "little chicken nugget". Bowser and Kammy Koopa see a "Crystal Star" on Rawk Hawk's belt hanging on the wall. When Rawk Hawk attempts to kick Bowser, Bowser simply jumps over him and squashes him. The "Crystal Star" breaks. When Bowser yells out asking what happened to the real Crystal Star and where it is, Rawk Hawk mentions that "Gonzales" took it, then says several entertaining phrases such as "Ow, my aching hair" and "Feel...the...Rawk...". At one point in the Japanese version, he declares, in English "Ai amu nanbaa wan!!" (I am number one!) "Ai amu chanpion!!" (I am [the] champion!), although in the English version, he says "Number one, baby! Rawk Hawk is the Champ!". Also in the English version, his catchphrase is "Feel the Rawk!!".

The above, is taken directly from Wikipedia.

For those of you who dont know, he is from Paper Mario the Thousand Yeard Door. He played a somewhat big part, but i think he could have a great moveset. I'll post it when i can think of one.

Here is a video to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mewGyc2deDw

His wall jump would be the move he does at 59 seconds
His side B move would be at 1:30

This is NOT my video.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
Good idea, but why he shouldn't get in:

-doesn't have a fanbase
-isn't very major
-isn't a playable character
-only one game
-isn't very popular
-Minor and optional character

Give me some more background information, history, alternate costumes, movesets, games he's been in, and list a fanbase for him. Until then, i won't be convinced of him getting in Brawl. Too minor and optional.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Maybe a Glitz Pit stage but no, to be realist this guy has zero chance. Dont even say "anything could happen" because it won't, and if he becomes a charecter I shall issue an official apolodgy and eat my own left foot.

im not being angry just realistic

FirstTigerHobbes

Smash Rookie
I always thought Rawk Hawk would be a cool addition to Smash Bros. One of my roommates says, "He couldn't be in; he's paper!" I just point to Game & Watch and say, look at that. If he can get in, Rawk Hawk definitely stands a chance.
Rawk Hawk could arleady have a good moveset--he's a pro wrestler; bust out the folding chairs! Plus he was just such a lively and cool character.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Good idea, but why he shouldn't get in:

-doesn't have a fanbase
-isn't very major
-isn't a playable character
-only one game
-isn't very popular
-Minor and optional character

Give me some more background information, history, alternate costumes, movesets, games he's been in, and list a fanbase for him. Until then, i won't be convinced of him getting in Brawl. Too minor and optional.
Why does any of this matter?
Did half of that matter for half the characters in melee?

geez dude, they're just suggestions, not business proposals

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Rawk Hawk would be a cool addition to Smash Bros. One of my roommates says, "He couldn't be in; he's paper!" I just point to Game & Watch and say, look at that. If he can get in, Rawk Hawk definitely stands a chance.
Rawk Hawk could arleady have a good moveset--he's a pro wrestler; bust out the folding chairs! Plus he was just such a lively and cool character.
Game & Watch isn't paper, he's two demensional. There's a difference between paper and 2-D.
Why does any of this matter?
Did half of that matter for half the characters in melee?

geez dude, they're just suggestions, not business proposals
True, alot of the melee combatants didn't have any fanbase at all before melee came out (EX: Ice Climbers), but they're judging them now by how much popularity they have, how many games, and if they're a major character in that game.

Yeah... He doesn't have a GHOST of a CHANCE!
The only guy that has brains besides me is ^.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Game & Watch isn't paper, he's two demensional. There's a difference between paper and 2-D.

Not really. In terms of movement and fighting in Super Smash Bros that is. What can Game & Watch do that a Paper character can't?

As to Rawk Hawk, I think it'd be funny if he made a cameo, but I wouldn't want him as a full out fighter. I think those spots are reserved for better people.

Top Bottom