• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate this Pikachu?

isaiah :)

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
the falcon made many simple mistakes, however the pikachu did well covering his recovery in the first stock, however that was easily techable. overall the video doesn't give much about the pikachu player because it's obvious the falcon player basically game the game to him with constant shielding and doing very scrubby things. no offense to him.

Megamang

Smash Lord
That falcon needs to work on... making his hitboxes interact with other things in the game.

Soul.

That stage spike is funny.
But to be fair, that Falcon kinda gave him the game as others have said.

atv1992

Smash Rookie
I'll be completely honest, pretty basic Pikachu like a 6/10 (maybe even less lol), messes up his combos, has a back roll habit, uses dash attack in neutral, etc. And the falcon player just stood there, asking to get killed lol

Last edited:

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
I'll be completely honest, pretty basic Pikachu like a 3/10 (maybe even less lol), messes up his combos, has a back roll habit, uses dash attack in neutral, etc. And the falcon player just stood there, asking to get killed lol
fix

Megamang

Smash Lord
In general, there is no reason to rate someone in a not-close game. Especially in bracket, if im dominating someone I usually just finish them off ASAPly with strategies that aren't actually viable IE just walking up and smashing till he dies. That way, they don't feel dominated if they dont touch me, no one can see my playstyle and habits if theyre watching my early matches, and i conserve mental energy.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I never thought I'd see it. A campy Captain Falcon...
Both characters actually played rather lethargic. The Pikachu in question would do plenty of unsafe things, nothing particularly technical. As casual players it was a fine game. From a competitive point of view there was lots of room to improve. Watch videos and keep on training!

Last edited:

Uncle Honey

Smash Apprentice
In general, there is no reason to rate someone in a not-close game. Especially in bracket, if im dominating someone I usually just finish them off ASAPly with strategies that aren't actually viable IE just walking up and smashing till he dies. That way, they don't feel dominated if they dont touch me, no one can see my playstyle and habits if theyre watching my early matches, and i conserve mental energy.
Pretty much this. Even in high-level matches between professional players if someone gets bodied, then the analysis simplifies to someone either choosing all the right/wrong options.

Shram

Smash Cadet
just little problems:
-failed to fall through the platform immediately
-rolled unnecessarily
-Didn't ledge snap QA (not that he needed to, seeing that the falcon was dead, but it's a good habit to get into and with any good pikachu it should be second nature)
-grounded thunderjolt
-uthrow into utilt is bad
-platform pressure was weak
-general poor positioning (for example walking off a platform with the opponent right there)
-3 missed standing grabs in a row

3/10, below average from the pikachus I've seen
My suggestion for this pikachu: learn b-reversal thunderjolt to replace roll-thunderjolt. It's quicker and allows for freer movement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom