• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate this Mario.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Your friend seems to have a good handle on Mario.

I'd just like to add that Mario's best trait in brawl is his edgeguarding ability. Utilize it to its fullest.

Fludd should be charged as much as possible whenever fighting the spacies to edgeguard their sideB.

Jab --> Dsmash and Jab --> grab more. Back or forward throw at higher percents instead of downward throw to rack up damage and put your opponent in position for an edgeguard.

Good mario tho.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This Mario limited himself waaaaaay too much on the ground. His options would be much more formidable if he used aerials to approach and deal damage (in my honest opinion, if there is any one aerial he should use much more, I'd say the D-air). He also should have SHed Fireball more.

He used Dash attacks when he should not have. He also should have spent more time charging the FLUDD ESPECIALLY when going against someone like a Space Animal. He also did not have enough control to grab, and when he did grab, I feel he should not have D-throwed considering he did that when the Fox was at fairly high percents. The D-throw is not very good at high percents because it does the least damage and knockback of all of Mario's throws, and at high percents it will have just too much knockback to reasonably combo into anything.

He did not seem to have a strong hold on how to ledgeguard in this matchup. When going against Space Animals, the FLUDD does a lot to wreck their recovery by making it very hard for them to grab the ledge, and screwing with the momentum of their recovery moves. A well placed FLUDD makes it miles easier to ledgeguard most characters, but not once was the FLUDD implemented in this match.

Last but not least, I just feel he didn't shield enough and that he ate several attacks that could have easily been blocked.

I give him a 3.5/10. He's got an okay start, but I think he needs to learn some more stuff.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
That Mario didn't seem to know what he was doing. I'll just point out the main things, since A2ZOMG basically listed everything. First of all the Mario charged up too many smashes when the fox wasn't near, as if he was hoping for him to jump into it. The first half he didn't use many aerials, but as the match continued, he started to use them more? Aerials are the core of Mario when playing. I hardly saw any ABA's or AUA's. And as A2ZOMG mentioned, he didn't have control of his grabs. I'll say 4/10. DEFINITELY NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Well, he doesn't know about all this ATs and other generalities that Marios should play, since he doesn't have internet. So he plays what he feels best.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Messiano, I give your Mario a 7.75/10. I don't think I saw any tilt attacks, or grabs, but maybe that's 'cuz there were only two matches and they were kinda short. You definitely know how to fight in the air though, your a beast in that department. XD
thanks xD, and ya I'm working up tilt and way more grabs in but like ya said made short work of them ;P, But ya i might as well play Falco feel at home in the air xD

Top Bottom