• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Vaati

Chance: 8% it's not very likely for LoZ to get any new rep IMO, and if they do Vaati's chances aren't the best.

Want: 100%, that being said I would LOVE <3<3<3 to have Vaati. He would make an awesome character and have an awesome moveset. Vaati for smash 4 ya foolz!!!! haha!!

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Vaati:
Chance: 6%
Vaati is a unique character that is a recurring villain throughout the Zelda series, having appeared in 3 games, as the main antagonist in 2. Unfortunately, those 3 games are arguably the least popular (Not bad! Just not popular, lowest selling Zelda's by a good margin). In addition to this, he hasn't appeared in 10 years, unless the fan theory that he is Ghirahim reborn is true (unlikely). As Zelda characters go, I would put him behind Ghirahim, Toon Zelda, Tetra, Ganon, and Tingle in terms of likeliness, he just has to much competition to get into the game. (Didn't even appear as a sticker in the last one.)

The only way I could see him as likely is if it's revealed that he appears in the upcoming Zelda games. That would skyrocket his chances in my eyes.

Want: 100 %
#1 most wanted Zelda newcomer. Vaati and the games he comes from are sorely underrated. I really hope Nintendo decides to bring him back in future titles, and appearing in Smash Bros would cement that chance. Plus he has potential to be an extremely unique fighter.

Prince Fluff:
Chance: 2%
Fluff has only been in one game, and probably won't appear again unless a sequel to Yarn Kirby is ever made. It isn't very likely that Kirby will get another character in the first place, and if that series does, it will be Bandana Dee. And even if Bandana Dee didn't exist, characters like Magolor and Galacta Knight have more of a shot then Fluff does. Not impossible, but definitely not likely.

Want: 0%
I've never played Epic Yarn and want Bandana Dee in. Enough said.

Sheriff: 7%
So unlikely and off the radar that he might have a shot
Mario Kart 8 Stage: 47%
Very likely in my eyes, but others might not see the same.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Vaati
Chance 10% - highly unlikely this guy gets in before Ghirahim. Yes he has been recurrent in a couple of games but they haven't been that popular.
Want 40% - I'm always in for any Zelda newcomer but I'd rather see others before him.

Prince Fluff
Chance 5% - he's a one shot supporting character.
Want 20% - unique moveset potential but if I had to choose a Kirby newcomer I'd rather go with Bandana Dee.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Vaati - 6% a great character who loses to Ghirahim in likeliness, relevance, and popularity. He could have a great moveset and Final Smash though.
Want 22%

Prince Fluff - 3%
Want 10% Kirby's Epic Yarn is a lot of fun, but I don't care for Prince Fluff as a Smash character.

predict Sheriff 15%
Mario Kart 8 stage 35%

nominate Birdo x5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Minish Madness: 0.1%
He's not really even known for fighting in his human form. I know Ganon is more active than Ganondorf, but at least 'dorfy is a boss battle, all you do with Vaati is fight his twisted magical version... While this gives him an amazing Final Smash potential, unfortunately that'd be the only thing that most people remember about him... Zelda has only two real contenders: Tetra and Girahim, and everyone else gets low scores Pig Ganon and Toon Zelda are the only others with >1% chance imo.

Want: 5%
The Final Smash would be cool, otherwise I think he'd be a waste.

I didn't get my own game because Kirby stole it: 0.1%
1 game, that was stolen from him, and in which he had the same abilities as Kirby. Those abilities might be different than Smash Kirby, but he's still basically Kirby in string.

I didn't even like the game tbh, I do think it would make a great Smash stage, with all the folding platforms ad such, but I certainly don't want a character from it!

I didn't shoot the deputy: 8.8%
Retro-flation, and lack of Dillon.

Torus stage: 38.5%
Could be too new, could be too manipulative with gravity, but people will give it a shot.

Spyro*3
Slime*2

(It's getting scarily close to E3, and Slime *MUST* be rated before then given all the Dragon Quest flying around, and since both my other 3rd party rates are within spitting distance of the goal it's time to go back to my main man! It's slime time baby!)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Vaati

Chance: 8% it's not very likely for LoZ to get any new rep IMO, and if they do Vaati's chances aren't the best.

Want: 100%, that being said I would LOVE <3<3<3 to have Vaati. He would make an awesome character and have an awesome moveset. Vaati for smash 4 ya foolz!!!! haha!!
Great Avatar. You have impeccable taste.

Vaati
Chance: 11%
Vaati has only a few things on his side; occurrence being the main one, and Four Swords Anniversary download being the other to keep him known. Unfortunately, Mr. Minish also has a fellow fabulous looking, very popular villain to compete with in Ghirahim who is also more recent, something that seems to be being pushed this time around.

Want: 100%
Four Swords Adventures was one of my favourite games to play with friends. Oh, how we consistently murdered one another for a few measly rupees. Of all the villains to represent the 'Toon' series, Vaati wins by a landslide in my opinion. Toon Ganondorf's fight was pretty good in it's own right, but there was something about Vaati and his ridiculous monstrous form that appealed to me a lot more.

I feel like his wind based moveset could be a lot of fun to play with, as could his obvious Final Smash form.

Vaati is basically the only Zelda character I can give a full 100% want score to and is one of my two favourite Zelda characters outside the main triforce trio.

At the very least I'd like a palette swap that nods to Vaati this time around on Toon Link.

Prince Fluff
Bandana Waddle Dee. Unimportant support character in one game, albeit a fairly recent game. About as important as Gooey. Outclassed by Rick the Hamster even.

Bandana Waddle Dee or bust thanks.

Nominations:
Captain Toad X 5 I guess.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Vaati: 20%. I doubt we'll see a Zelda newcomer, and if we do it's most likely going to be Tingle.
Want: 100%. Uhhh... *insert something witty here*!
Fluff: 5%. Has to compete with not only with Bandanna Dee, but with Magolor and Gooey too.
Want: 0%. *Cough cough* Bandanna Dee and Chef Kawasaki *Cough*
Mewtwo X5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
New Want Chart! Congrats to Chibi-Robo for making it into the Top 10!

On to today's ratings.

Vaati: 10%
A Zelda newcomer isn't impossible, but he's behind Tingle and Tetra. It's a real shame that Vaati's games never reached the others in popularity, or he would have had a much better chance.

Want: 60%
Minish Cap was my 2nd Zelda game, and the first one I played till the end. Vaati is an interesting character and offers a different kind of villain than Ganondorf or most of the others on the roster. That said, it has been a long time since I played the game and my want has worn off.

Prince Fluff: 1%
IF there is going to be another Kirby rep, Bandana Dee it is.

Never played Epic Yarn.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Vaati
Chance: 15%

Vaati is the second most important villain after Ganon/Ganondorf himself in the Zelda series. He is to the Four Sword what Ganon is to the Master Sword. He has some serious potential for a unique moveset, what witha combination of magic and Swordplay. His design is interesting as well. He is one of the only recurring villains in the Zelda series, so he is definitely important. This evil god and wind mage could be a good addition to the Smash universe.

All this being said, he has quite a few negatives towards his inclusion as well. One of them being that it is certainly possible that Zelda does not get a new representative, although I do think the chance we do get one is fairly high. We havent gotten a new Zelda character since Melee (Sure, Toon Link in Brawl, but he a clone/replacement for Young Link, so I dont think he necessarily counts,) so they are due for a new addition.

The major detractor, however, would be the stiff competition he faces within the series. Im not too sure who has the greatest chance from the Zelda series, but I can say that Vaati is probably not it. There are so many good choices from the games that, in the end, I would be okay with any addition (with the exception of Tingle, as a diehard Zelda fan, I can say from the bottom of my heart that he is by far my least favorite Zelda character. Same goes for Toon Zelda, but only because of her clone potential) Theres a lot of competition from Ghirahim, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Ganon, Impa, etc. Vaati may not be the first choice, but for me, I love the villains in Zelda so he is one of my most wanted newcomers this time around.

Prince Fluff
Want: 10%

Bandana Waddle Dee.

Predictions
Sheriff: 8.6%
MK8 Stage: 64% (Isn't this already confirmed with Rainbow Road?)

Nominations:
Slime x5
Mewtwo x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

Vaati
Chance: 1% - It's been nine years since he was in a Zelda game and he's likely never coming back. I don't think his reoccurring status means that much when two of the three games he appeared in were developed mostly by Capcom who were trying to create their own spin on Zelda lore. The only game he appeared in that was developed solely by Nintendo was Four Swords Adventure. His role in that game was still a lot smaller then it was in the Capcom games as he had no speaking lines, plays backseat villain to Ganon, and seems to have been added only to pay tribute to the original Four Swords.
Want: 39% - Not a supporter but I'll probably warm up to him.

Prince Fluff
Chance: 0% - It makes no sense for him to get in ahead of Yarn Kirby.
Want: 17% - I'd rather have Waddle Dee for a fourth Kirby rep.

Sheriff prediction: 4%
Mario Kart 8 stage prediction: 58%

Nominations: Captain Toad x5

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Vaati:

Chance: 20%
Outdone by others in likeliness, but I think it could easily happen.

Want: 95%
Easily in my top 5 most wanted newcomers. Also, smash needs more purple characters, especially if it will not have everyone's favorite space dragon:troll:

Prince Fluff(y):
Sorry, but I see Yarn Kirby getting in over him. We already have had 3 links, so why not 2 kirbys?

Want: :starman:Bandana Dee%:starman:
Seriously, we aren't even rating him today, we are just talking about Bandana Dee again. Today might as well be considered Day 220: Vaati and Bandana Dee Preference.

Predictions:
Sherrif: 6.23%
Mk8 stage: 32%

Now that we are rating Vaati, Time to help people out:
Slimex1
Style Savyx1
Micaiah x1
Captain Toad x1
Fredrick ATx1

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
That avatar change. What foul vortex did you come from?
Á ̀p҉r͠i͜meva̶l ̡ceşsp̵o̷ol o͝f ͘ch́a͝o̴s,̡ a ͜l̶ąn͡d̴ ͞b҉etwee͜n̶ ̷W̵orļds ́tha͢t ̕i̡s̛ ͟w̶h҉a͠t̨ ͏on͏ce w̧as͏,̕ ̕w͜h̀i͢sper̨ed ͘a̢m̧i͢dst ̴hu̵s͝he҉d͠ ͟to͏ne͟s fo͞r ͘t̨ho͏s̨e ͜s͝ee̵k͠įn̛g̴ el̴d̸e͜r͜lic̷h̀ ͞thi͝ngs̨ tha͡t͘ ̧t̢h̢e͝ re͞st̸ ͟o҉f̛ ͡m̛en̵ ͏d̛áre n͠o̕t l͟e͘ar̵n̨ ̀abo̸u̡t.

But seriously, in my pastime I sometimes go looking for fan-art of the less popular Kid Icarus Characters. Looking up The Chaos Kin lead to this beauty of an image. I remembered it and managed to find it again with a little luck. While I won't post the website it was on (too many NSFW adds), I have the raw image for your viewing pleasure.

Vaati

Chance - 10% - Yeah, I'm starting to think my original score was overestimating him. Not that my opinion has changed much, mind, but I may have over-inflated him.

Want - 65% - I'd like him, but he's overshadowed by Tetra.

Prince Fluff

Chance - 0.15% - A small chance, if Good Feel wants to pull a spin-off of Kirby and make Epic Yarn it's own franchise. Otherwise, no.

Want - 52.5% - An average of Fluff getting his own series (95%) and not (15%). I'd like Epic Yarn to be it's own series, but I'd like Dee to go first if it's for a Kirby character.

Predictions

Sheriff - 5.45% - Going away, maybe?

MK8 Stage - 85.9% - Isn't Rainbow Road one already?

Nominations

Halcandra Stage X5

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Vaati:

With his wind moveset, along with whatever else he does, he could make for a unique character. Assuming 5 reps per series though, Ganondork beats him to the final slot. However, if Tink gets a wind waker based final smash, he could easily be an alternate costume due to similar proportions (though he would have to look different enough from Vio).

Want: 45%

I would mainly want him for the alt position, but he wouldn't be bad as a character either.

Prince Fluff:

Chance: 50%

If Sakurai were to put another Kirby rep in, it would be either this guy or Bandana Dee. Due to Knuckle Joe's assist reprisal, I don't see any other rep available, and no one can argue that he wouldn't be unique. That is assuming he does put another rep in.

If my insistent nominations were any indication, I would really like him in.

Noms: Veteran Demotion x5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Vaati

Chances: 10%: He's not exactly as iconic as most of the other mainstays of the Zelda series. But I would put him above all the other villains that aren't Ganondorf. Vaati is the only one to show up in more than one game so far. And honestly, does Zelda need another character? likely not, once we see Ganondorf, we should be fine.

Want: 65%: On the off chance we do see another Zelda character, Vaati is my preferred choice. It'd be cool to have another character with the Toon artstyle, and Vaati is a better choice than another Semi-Clone. Not to mention, no one else really uses wind as their main element. Perhaps he can have a playstyle based on pushing enemies away and closer to him one a whim. Seems fitting enough for an evil mage and junk.

Prince Fluff

Chances: 25%: I want to say that his moveset potential would be enough to consider him. But he's not super prominent as a Nintendo character, maybe if shows up in more games, like Yarn Yoshi. On top of that, the major Kirby characters are already in Smash. All we need is for Meta-Knight to show up.

Want: 70%: Not much else to say other than he'd be very interesting to play as.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
He is probably the second most important behind Ganondorf himself, but he barely gets referenced within the Zelda franchise.
This feels kinda like you're contradicting yourself.

If you go by the number of games, he's the most recurring villain after Ganondorf. But clearly the Zelda team doesn't consider him important... which makes him less important. And really, the Four Swords games, while integrated into the storyline, really aren't that important to the overall Zelda story.

Anyway...

Vaati

++ Main villain in 3 Zelda games

- Didn't even get a mention in Brawl
- Doesn't get referenced in other Zelda games very much
- Hasn't made an appearance in like 10 years
- Big competition for a slot that probably doesn't exist
- He was created by Capcom (or at least for a game developed by Capcom) which probably makes him less of a favorite of the Zelda team

Vaati chances: 2%
He didn't get anything before. We've seen Metroid get Dark Samus and Mother Brain, Zelda got Midna and Skull Kid... Adding Vaati too is a possibility. But I doubt he'll be playable.
Vaati want: 43%
Would rather see some other Zelda characters and his emo style doesn't appeal to me. But he'd be alright, I guess.

Prince Fluff

We didn't rate this guy before? I thought we had. Huh..

Anyway, Bandana Dee is the most likely Kirby newcomer, and I don't think a Kirby newcomer is terribly likely, so there's not a lot left over for Fluff.

Fluff chances: 0.2%
Fluff want: 20%
Meh.

Predictions:
Mario Kart 8 stage: 30%
Dat Wii U extra dev time
Sheriff: 7.5%
Don't see much reason for change.

D

Deleted member

This feels kinda like you're contradicting yourself.

If you go by the number of games, he's the most recurring villain after Ganondorf. But clearly the Zelda team doesn't consider him important... which makes him less important. And really, the Four Swords games, while integrated into the storyline, really aren't that important to the overall Zelda story.
That's what I meant. He is the most reoccurring villain after Ganondorf, but he doesn't get a lot of love or attention as of late. He's not that important of a Zelda villain to really consider having a playable role in Smash. Nowadays, we just have Ganon and many one-offs as villains in Zelda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Vaati:

I do not see this happening at all. If we get another Zelda villain, I honestly expect it to be Ganon himself since two forms of the same character have now been given their own slots (Zelda and Sheik).

I would be happy to see most Zelda newcomers make an appearance. Ganon, Tingle, Impa...Vaati seems like a poor choice compared to these guys.

Prince Fluff:

I actually could see him happening as a representative of the Yarn games. If he's been planned to make an appearance for Yarn Yoshi, then he's got a very solid chance.

Want: 65%
I'd actually be fairly happy to see him. He was cheated out of being the star of a new Nintendo franchise after all...I kinda have a soft (:awesome:) spot for the guy.

Predictions:
Sheriff: 14.5%
Mario Kart 8 Stage: 20%

Nominations: Ganon (the pig) Rerate x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Vaati:

Chance: 15%. Aside from the obvious chance there's no Zelda newcomer, Vaati has a lot of competition, from Ghirahim, to Tingle, and Tetra. That being said, he also has a lot of merit compared to them; he's a villain for an entire series of games (the Four Swords series) he's well-liked, he's generally a unique character, with wind magic, and multiple forms. That being said, he got literally no attention in Brawl, when he was still a semi-recent character. So now that he's been retired for so long, what will become of him?

Want: 75%. As much as I like Ghirahim, I would completely fine with Vaati. In fact, I would love it. I loved the Minish Cap, and Four Swords is pretty fun too. He's a cool character overall, and I would probably use him more than the other Zelda characters.

Prince Fluff:

Chance: 8%. *sigh*...I can't see Prince Fluff happening at this point. Unlike Mr. Game & Watch, his artstyle would be extremely difficult to translate to Smash, and if he doesn't use that artstyle, the what's the point? Then he'd just be a blue Kirby wth a crown and a furrowed brow.
Plus, Kirby doesn't seem to be getting any newcomers, and if it is, loathe as I am to admit it, it's probably the Bandana Dee (though that's extremely unlikely as well, now).

Want: 5%. Like I said I can't see it would work without him getting a new artstyle.

--------------

Sheriff Prediction: 2%.
Mario Kart 8 Stage Prediction: 10%.

--------------

Nominations: Anna x5

FinalSynthesis

Banned via Warnings
Vaati:
Chance: 8%
Really the only reason I'm giving him any chance is his recurrence. I personally think we could see two Zelda newcomers, and he is definitely one of them. However, he's got competition from Ghirahim, a MAIN villain who is relevant now and seems to have a chance at becoming recurrent; Toon Zelda, who would be easier to churn out than Vaati; Tetra, who has a chance due to relevance and uniqueness, and others. It's also pretty hard to argue him as a major character in LOZ, unless you argue that a minor role + a minor role = a bigger role. All in all a pretty unique character with somewhat of a shot to get in.

Want: 35%
I like Vaati. He seems like a fun character, and I would imagine he would have quite a unique moveset and playstyle. However, there are certainly other characters I would rather get in, even out of LoZ (Ghirahim/Tetra), so I can't rate him too high.

Prince Fluff:
Chance 3%
I'm not very familiar with him, but he certainly doesn't seem to have much relevance on the Kirby series which likely won't even get a new rep (unless Bandana Dee). He also doesn't seem to have the smaller yet passionate fanbase that many of these other possible characters have.
Want: 10%
Meh. He seems rather meh.

Predictions:
Sherrif: 8%
Mario Kart 8 Stage: 57%

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Vaati
Chance:5%
Want:80%

He's my first choice for a Zelda newcomer, but his chances are slim. The only Zelda character that deserves a spot more than him is Tingle, but I don't see that happening either.

Prince Fluff
Chance: 1%

I don't think there's gonna be KIrby newcomer, and I really doubt that Sakurai would choose Prince Fluff is there was a Kirby newcomer.

Personally, Prince Fluff's inclusion wouldn't get me excited for Sm4sh at all.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Love all the One Piece fans around here. Hate that I missed the KI:U codec day of all days.

Vaati
Chance - 1%
I have personally felt like some of the recent characters have gotten rather inflated scores, and Vaati is no different.
Yes, he is definitely an iconic villain of the series, definitely more recurring than characters like Sheik or Ghirahim or even Tetra. He has an important role in the whole Four Swords saga as well as Minish Cap, which not only is a fantastic game but also gave him a more humanoid form.
But therein lies problem number one. When people think of Vaati the wind mage, they think of a huge black blob with an eye. It's not like Ganon/Ganondorf where after Ocarina of Time Ganondorf undoubtedly became the face of evil in Zelda at the expense of pig Ganon (no reference to faces of evil intended.) Actually, it's quite the opposite for Vaati ... following that appearance in Minish Cap we never really saw more of that again.
Which leads to the second point. Vaati might as well be non-existent to the Zelda franchise now. While Zelda has certainly been just as important and prevalent, Vaati has almost but disappeared into nothingness. Tetra you can argue having a chance because of the toon zeldas remaining prevalent and iconic. Ghirahim has remained popular long after Skyward Sword even without appearing again so far. But Vaati? From all we know Nintendo forgot about him. In terms of villains even Skull Kid has more presence now with just a game, but at least you see Majora's Mask getting attention, a redistributed soundtrack for club nintendo and a symphonic movement for the Symphony of the Goddesses. And with that Skull Kid entered as an Assist Trophy. What chance could Vaati have then? I'd be surprised just to see him in Smash Run.

Want - 5%
I was rooting for Vaati for Brawl, because then he had some claim to fame and relevance with Minish Cap and Four Swords being recent and successful ... but fate hasn't been kind to him since and he's sunken more and more into obscurity. When you have a game like this one representing so many sides of Nintendo, bringing back a side villain anyone hardly ever thinks of anymore is definitely not my idea of an exciting roster addition. If Zelda gets one more character I'd rather it be someone people have at least thought of since Brawl.
Sorry if I sound harsh, but I just feel that in terms of Zelda in current times, Vaati is for me the definition of a wasted slot.

Prince Fluff
Chance - 5%
Fluff stands a minor chance if he somehow becomes the face of the Yarn spinoffs. However, it doesn't help that his thunder was stolen by Kirby and that he hasn't really appeared much since and Yarn Yoshi hasn't received a mention either in about a year and a half.
And yes, this rating is assuming Fluff to be the face of a Yarn series. If he is considered a Kirby character, then I see the chances as non-existent.

Want - 20%
I'd rather we get other new characters, but there is a slight excitement in that I feel that getting him would mean that the whole Yarn thing is planned to be an ongoing series with Fluff interacting with Yarnified versions of different Nintendo all-stars. I think that would be an interesting enterprise.

Prediction
MK8 Stage - 34%
Anything for that music
Sheriff - 6.5%
Why are we rating him again?

Nominations
x10 Masked Dedede alt. costume ... apparently I have an extra 5 unused nominations. woo!

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Vaati - 2%

The Minish Cap was without a doubt his biggest role in the Zelda series, and it's what earned him all his fans. Back while Brawl was still in development, the Minish Cap still seemed a bit relevant, and was Vaati's best chance, and he completely missed out. He hasn't appeared since the Minish Cap, save for that remake of Four Swords.

Want - 5%

No connection to him as I haven't played the Minish Cap nor have I played the first Four Swords game. Wouldn't be ticked ff if he got in, but wouldn't be pleased with his inclusion either, not enough to just be indifferent. I want Tetra way more, too.

Prince Fluff - 0.5%

Has only appeared once and has a very small fanbase overall. While he could certainly be unique, honestly, he's got nothing going for him at this point with characters like Midna appearing as an Assist Trophy. At this point, I fully expect him to be either an Assist Trophy, a regular trophy, or not appear at all.

Want - 40%

Wouldn't be upset over him getting in. Still want Bandana Dee much more.

Mario Kart 8 stage prediction - 17.53%

Sheriff Prediction - 2.11%

Plusle/Minun x5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Vaati
Chance:70%
We only really have 3 large Zelda characters at the moment now, Tingle, Ghirahim, and Vaati. Tingle, I believe, will be a stage element in Termina Bay, and he was never really important in the Zelda franchise,and Ghirahim still has the 1-time villain status. Vaati, however is in a good spot right now. He's the best choice for a Toon character, with seems really likely due to Toon Link probably being a starter, has a very unique moveset, has had a recent game after Brawl (4-Swords Anniversary Edition, came out November 2011) Honestly, he's in a good position right now.

Want:100%
He's my most wanted, what did you expect?

Prince Fluff
Chance:5%
Already highly unlikely due to Bandanna Dee, but also has the one time status, and so far, it doesn't seem like he'll be in Yoshi's New Island.
Want:30%
Don't really care either way.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Vaati
We only really have 3 large Zelda characters at the moment now, Tingle, Ghirahim, and Vaati. Tingle, I believe, will be a stage element in Termina Bay, and he was never really important in the Zelda franchise,and Ghirahim still has the 1-time villain status. Vaati, however is in a good spot right now. He's the best choice for a Toon character, with seems really likely due to Toon Link probably being a starter, has a very unique moveset, has had a recent game after Brawl (4-Swords Anniversary Edition, came out November 2011) Honestly, he's in a good position right now.
Vaati
We only really have 3 large Zelda characters at the moment now, Tingle, Ghirahim, and Vaati. Tingle, I believe, will be a stage element in Termina Bay, and he was never really important in the Zelda franchise,and Ghirahim still has the 1-time villain status. Vaati, however is in a good spot right now. He's the best choice for a Toon character.
Vaati
He's the best choice for a Toon character
First of all, Tetra.
Second of all .... 70%?!? I wouldn't even give 70% to the chance of another Zelda character. There is no way a character that hasn't even been mentioned since 2000 something is 70% likely.
I mean, 70%?!?!?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
First of all, Tetra.
Second of all .... 70%?!? I wouldn't even give 70% to the chance of another Zelda character. There is no way a character that hasn't even been mentioned since 2000 something is 70% likely.
I mean, 70%?!?!?

Having Tetra would be really redundant, having 3 Zelda's in the roster.
Second, 4 Swords Anniversary Edition, which Nintendo seems to act as it's own game.

EDIT: Hmm, it seems like Minish Cap is also coming up for the Wii U Virtual Console. Might have to raise his chances some more.:troll:

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Having Tetra would be really redundant, having 3 Zelda's in the roster.
Second, 4 Swords Anniversary Edition, which Nintendo seems to act as it's own game.

EDIT: Hmm, it seems like Minish Cap is also coming up for the Wii U Virtual Console. Might have to raise his chances some more.:troll:
I don't have much problem with your reasons, it's the percentage that's insultingly high. I don't think you seriously realize how high 70% is. If you seriously think Vaati is more likely to be in this game than you are likely to get a heads when flipping a coin, then you're going to be extremely disappointed.

Also, at least Tetra appeared in Brawl. Here you're talking about a character from a top-tier franchise like Zelda who existed long before Brawl and wasn't even a sticker in that game. You tell me who's the more iconic character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The remake of Four Swords doesn't help Vaati's chances IMO, particularly seeing as how it doesn't even feature him as he was in the Minish Cap, which was what made him so popular in the first place. Not to mention he wouldn't really have a chance in Smash in the first place if he was never given a humanoid form.

And while stickers, by no means, have any bearing on a character's chances, Vaati had still, literally, completely missed out on appearing in Brawl in any way at all. Brawl was his best shot, and those days have long passed.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Vaati

Chance 3%

Yea the seperate ways of transformation characters makes less slots for others

Want 0%

Never heard of vaati

No words on price fluff

Nominations

Ridley x5

If we do ridley again im going to make sure to post a link to something i made that will change the hearts of people who think ridley is deconfirmed

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Scatman's Wingman
Pros
+Has two different incarnations to work with
+Remake of Four Swords and Minish Cap relrelease somehow keep him relevant
Cons
-No transformations loses uniqueness
-5 Zelda slots already with The Dorf pretty much a lock

OVERALL RATING: 4%
Want: 10%- Kidd Zeal Tetra

Prince Sheep
Pros
+Can be unique with the yarn moveset
Cons
-Transparency could be an issue
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-One shot wonder who lost his star title to Kirby. Epic Yarn was originally just Prince Fluff, but Kirby got tacked on.

OVERALL RATING: .09%
Want: 00.00%- Bandana Waddle Dee

Nominations:
Slime X5

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Vaati
Chance : 1% He don't appear in a Zelda game anymore. The fact that he did not even have a sticker during Brawl upset me.
Want : 100% My most wanted Zelda newcomer, and was my most wanted character for Brawl.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I may ask, why does Zelda have to have only 5 slots? It seems pretty likely it'll get a 6th since Zelda hasn't had a new character in a good while.
I agree 100% on this.
Many people are saying that making Sheik her own character harshly lowers the chances of a Zelda newcomer. I don't see why.
Even if Sheik is a separate character, Sakurai still puts just as much work into her as he did when she was a transformation. Just because she now has her own slot doesn't mean she is a new character, and takes up more space than she did before.

I'll post my full ratings in a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom