• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Please

Pef7

Smash Cadet
seemingly L-cancel more,
You could be more daring with off the edge...guarding (timing a parachute or more f-airing),
you should try sweet spotting the edge (don't up-B until you are more parallel with the edge),
learn to wavedash and use that more than just running around,
instead of using the scuba mask try using the up-tilt flag instead to juggle them a bit,
play with 4 stocks,
if that was a computer...play a human more,
try to effectively use your second jump (so do just double jump in the middle of the stage) don't double jump dair in the middle of the stage,
-adding to that try short hopping more (think I saw some in there...maybe not?), shorthop fair/dair or sometimes nair is effective,

That should be enough to at least start off with. You should try watching some of the plentiful amount of videos in the stickied post and compare their strategies to yours.

Hopefully I'm helpful.

Badpengu

Smash Rookie
L-canceling, was gonna work on that anyway
lol i am not cordinated at all when it comes to off the edge but ty need to work on that
ah wavedashing tried that before but couldnt get it to work, but always up to try again
most of the scuba masks were suppose to be up tilts just hit up to fast
was using a digital camera that can only take 3 min videos so that's why i set it to time i normally do play stock

Need to find people around me i guess
noted on the double jump
and finally i was trying to short hop

and yes you were very helpful

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Okay, here we go.

Don't stay above people any longer than you have to. At the beginning, I'd just run off the platform towards my opponent and fair as you fall, l-canceling at the end.

If someone's above you on the platform, short hop a nair. It's just my pet peeve, maybe, but I don't like people directly above me. Don't usmash, it's pretty slow.

Shorthop your aerials unless you're positive they're going to land, or you'll get punished. Use aerials at the last moment, it'll give more shield stun (for all intent and purpose) and it'll help you combo more since they'll have less time to recover. Don't double jump aerials and don't full jump them - the former can get you killed because you won't have a double jump for your recovery and the latter is too easy to see coming.

Dtilt instead of the fsmash when you're not sure it'll hit.

Edgeguard more aggressively. Don't be afraid to chase them off, or at least sit at the edge and dtilt.

Don't recover that high. Sweetspot the ledge from below.

Don't approach people from above, you'll almost always get outprioritized.

You're not playing very defensively, which works against a computer, but against a person, you'll have to learn to wavedash and lightshield and the like.

You're missing a lot of techs.

Don't punish with the ftilt when you can fair or nair instead, and at 0:53 you shoulda used a dair instead of a bair. The bair is pretty crappy. And again at 0:56, dair, or better yet, don't fall right onto them. And definitely don't use an aerial that high up, Yoshi can very easily jump and uair you to death.

At 1:15 you probably should've grabbed. Really, it seems like you're playing a poke war. You need to capitalize on every time you hit the opponent by comboing. Shouldn't be hard on a computer.

1:19 you don't want to be stuck in that place. People can hit you from below and if that was a person, they could dair into you and just shffl dairs at you until you're at a thousand percent. If you're going to stay there, at least shield and dthrow to jabs or something.

1:25 should've been a nair.

1:36 wasting your double jump like that at the ledge at a moderate percentage is a good way to get gimp killed.

And yeah. That's about it. Move choice, shffl'ing (and l-canceling in general), comboing, positioning, recovery, edgeguarding and wavedashing.

Matux

Smash Apprentice
Do you have some friends they are playing smash too? You can gain a lot better if you practise ATs and mindgame stuff on friends. Invite them here to play professional smash :D. The only thing is to train sometimes.

Badpengu

Smash Rookie
ok noted about staying above people
ty for the tip on the nair
i was trying to short hop a lot of those, is there a easier way other than hitting Y really fast?
again noted on the double jump
ok got it about the d tilt
Ok i will be a edgeguarding tiger now :p
ok wont recover as high now
I would try to play some people around me but the best of them are only slightly better than i was in that video

Um didnt even think about teching but ok noted
I dont think i ever meant to use te turtle i think i meant to turn around then use it, and i will use aerials closer now

noted

Again most people i play against arent good enough to shuffle so i never thought about it

noted on the double jump again

So tyvm for the help

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, that's the problem, when you don't have new people to play against, you fall into a routine of what works and what doesn't and you stop expanding your game.

Pef7

Smash Cadet
Yeah...if you can expand your opponents by either tournaments or just finding people within a traveling distance it will help you broaden your game tons. Seemingly Spife and I are the higher players in Greenfield and we exhausted each other long ago. Until he found a couple people that he could drive to and well were are getting better :]

Top Bottom