• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rate my ylink

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
It looks like that all your doing is WD and throwing projectiles. So what you need to do is use aerials more and SHFFL them. It also seems like your moving a little to slow so you can WD, ylink is waaaaay faster than that. So all I can say is that work on using aerials more and then when you can do that work on SHFFL the aerials. And when you can do that then you wont be as slow and with WD you can have some mind games which is what WD is kinda for.

Chip.

you know what to do
You're ok. You seem to have a grasp on SHFFL'ing and Wavedashing. But you didn't spam enough, esp. in the air. It seems like you were grounded the whole time for your projectile game. That's mainly the reason why he counters Peach, projectiles. You shouldn't of been using your upB at such proximities near the stage. a mid-air dodge should suffice. Also, work on your edgeguarding.

Other than that, I <3 you Adamoo. You gave us some Young Link vids, which is something I have not seen in a awhile and rated. thx =D

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Your advanced skills are good (i.e. wavedashing, l-canceling and shuffling), probably superior to my own; but I felt you over-relied on them. In a peach matchup, the goal is to spam and outmanoeuvre your opponent; it look like young link got ahold of his older counterpart's iron boots. Also a lot of missed attack told me that either your timing was slightly off it happens to me if I haven't played in a long while), or you just haven't been playing as Y. Link for a very long time (your friend's peach seemed rather oblivious to him too so you got away with a lot of it). Essentially: jump more, spam more and don't use f-smash unless you're positive you'll make contact with the second blow. Apart from that, very good.

And also, though a complete and overly risky fluke, that up-b was awesome.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
Good spamming...but it seems your WD at the wrong moments sometimes....
I don't have much to say because my YLink is also about that level...

Top Bottom