• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my yl plox

tobg

Smash Cadet
from what i watched, i can see that you know how to play the game and know all the techniques, but choose not to use them. thats cool, that means your playing style is simple, which i really like and wish i could play. but to play this simple style i think you gotta make a lot less mistakes like all the missed throws and the missed recoveries. some of those mistakes were easily avoidable, and while we all make them, they really shouldnt be made that much. i think if you just watched where you throw in a grab and those recovery mistakes, it would really improve your game. youve also obviously well aquainted yourself with the projectiles, and while some may tell you to spam more, i can see that you make every one count, so im gonna say just keep doing your thing. overall, i think your ylink is very strong and could be great with a little improvement. just watch for the little things and i think youll be great.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eh...
It kind of looks like Aniki except slower, more wavedashing, and more mistakes ;)
Hehehe.
Well, I'd have to agree with tobg, clean your game up a bit.
And I think you should move around more, heh. Apply more pressure with projectibles.
Also, you might've been able to make it back in the first match with sweetspotted hookshots. Maybe. ...Hmm.
Maybe this is why I like Link better. Long hookshot is the win.
O, and stop falling for all the capes. Sure it comes out fast but...your friend uses it so much. Gah. *Cape cape cape*

CloroxBleach

Smash Cadet
lol thanx for the feed back

my grab game is really sloppy right now so please forgive me
also im actually in the midst of testing some new edgegaurds with hookshot and new things so dont mind my over use of hookshot recovery
ill be sure to practice that some more(grab game)

Chip.

you know what to do
I think your Young Link is good, but yeah, it needs some work. But don't worry it's still all right. You showed up that doc in all 4 matches, good job. It seemed like you were losing a lot in the first two matches near the beginning, but then you went super sayien and beat him. good job. Anyways, yeah your SHFFL's and wavedashes were descent, but you need to work on your pulse walking for better mindgames. Your spam game was good too, but there was a numerous amount of times where you shouldn't of thrown anything, and doc just caped you. Your grab spamming wasn't totally bad, but needs to be sharpened. You didn't ledge tech enough and you didn't do it very well sometimes, but you still got ok ledge teching in the long run. The two really good things you have with your Young Link in the long run are

1: you mastered a lot of Young Link's combos very well which earned a lot of your victories( no seriously, you just ***** that doc Mario).

2: Your edgegaurding was very well done. You jumped off the edge and naired that doc so he wouldn't get back. NICE!

The two really bad things I noticed are

1: You didn't keep up a very impressive aggressive front in the beginning of your matches. You would kind of run away and just throw a projectile instead of mixing that up with the meat of your sword( which you did later on in the match).

2: Dude, you really need to work on your recovery from the edge. I don't know, overall I didn't see much of an attempt to really make it back to the edge, wheather using your spin attack UNDER the stage or not using your hookshot, it's something you need to work on.

Yeah but other than that, good Young Link. I look forward to seeing your next crewmate battles.:)

(Well, whad'ya know, I'm a smash journeyman!)

Chip.

you know what to do
Oh no, pulse walking is more of a mix of walking and wavedashing backwards. Moonwalking and foxtrotting are two different things from this. To pulsewalk, just walk forward, then wavedash back to your original spot, and repeat the process really fast, over and over. I saw that you tried to do it a couple of times in your matches I think, but it's a great mindgame nonetheless.

CloroxBleach

Smash Cadet
oh that hmm ill re add that to my game
i took that out due to my crew telling me that i wavedash too much

Chip.

you know what to do
You should only wavedash when you really need to( save for a victory dance after you take a stock off) during the match. I think you used wavedashing pretty descent in my opinion; not too much but wasn't too little. So keep it up.

Loki(702)

Smash Rookie
yah yl is ok i guess BUT that doc is to pro for u i would no trust me. since your in my crew i guse ill give u some honest opinions

1.u need a better finisher combo
2.you need to focus on your grabs u tend to use it to often
3stop sucking lol but yah work on your recovery

InfiniteFalco1337

Smash Cadet
Your Young Link is good, you have much potential with him, some problems have been stated before(recoveries-grabbing)and what I mostly saw was you killed yourself a couple times, sometimes its better to play safe, but I understand, I play sorta like that.

I'mDK

Smash Rookie
Too much wavedashing, after a while your yl gets pretty predictable. Try to change it up a bit add some new attacks in there. other then that its pretty good.

The doc sucks even more though.
SHL TO YA FACE

I'mDK

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Ok, so alot more uair would be good. It has a huge hitbox. If they're above you try to spam it rather than attempting nair, which obviously won't hit a dair(unlike uair). It should really lay in the damage since it's nearly impossible for them to get around a good uair spam. Be more careful and thoughtful of spacing.

Even though the Doc seems a bit brainless, it's important for your overall game. I gotta stress it again, NEVER use fair unless you need extended spacing. And work a bit more on your recovery since it seems to give you some trouble sometimes. Make more of an effort to do things that are safe and still damaging to your opponent(i.e. instead of attempting to shffl nair for priority, try running a sometimes. It's Young Link's fastest move and works ok for killing after 90% or so. You might get sheildgrabbed if you do it at obvious times, but switching it up with running grapple to keep them on their toes)

Anyways that's all I can think of, good work and good luck!

Jash

Smash Lord
You seem to be doing great so far with your Young Link. Somethings i have seen in the vids that a little messy was you were kinda slow with Young Link. Your reaction after a L cancel was paused and that leaves you open. Also it seems you attack at nothing sometimes and that can also leave you open. By the way you play you will do good in the future but you would really have to think faster. A fast mind is a crazy character.

KokiriKing

Smash Cadet
It kinda looks like you attacked mindlessly (I do that too sometimes) and it doesn't look like you are fastfalling that much which is a really helpful move. But it was a nice vid thanks!

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
0:54 into your first video, the arrow? were you trying to read his roll? 1:25 seconds into first video, why didnt you utilt agian? and again? doc would have kept on falling right back to you. 1:47 into first video, you could've tryed for a sweetspotted hookshot? Overall Liked your first video, did you uair at all even once? Only that time you were falling and didnt make it back huh? No chances I guess. Didn't dair at all, thats amazing, even when their are no dair oppertunities for a dair, I dair anyways. Great discipline. Did it take you awhile to warm up or something, you got down 3-1. But you win anyways, fantastic edge gaurding... wow...

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
0:35 into video 2, hookshot yay!!! 0:37...eeee... what happend their? 1:06 into video 2, you dont like uair's huh? That one I think was an obvious uair. 1:42 video 2, heyy you dodged, good one. havent seen you do that at all I think in either of the first two videos. 1:46 video 2, after seeing that awesome edgegaurding nair from video 1, where it is here? 1:36 what a dair? Good second video, but why dont you use your uair? their was many oppurtunities to use it, but instead you just stand their and wait for him to attack? Well I guess if its not your style its still good though.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Video 3, nice you use bomb drop thing aswell. 1:09 into video 3, why did you up-b? Overall great videos, I would suggest you uair more, but hey if not using it works then go for it. Great wavesahing, kinds overused it alittle towards the end of video 4 i think. Also on your grabs, when doc is at low % like 1-10% you should uthrow instead of dthrow so he wont nair you. I would suggest spot-dodging is a good thing to do, but I guess you probably didnt have any oppurtunities for it. Great 4 videos.

Top Bottom