• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Team

Ello Govnr

Smash Rookie
As of now, my team seems pretty stable, although I know it can use improvements, but this seems to be my favorite team so far:

Luxray (lvl 40)(Holding Black Glasses)

Crunch Spark
Strength Bite

Empoleon (lvl 41)(Holding Quick Claw)

Brine Bubble Beam
Aqua Jet Metal Claw

Infernape(lvl 42)(Holding Shell Bell)

Flame Wheel Mach Punch
Ember Close Combat

Torterra(lvl 39) (Holding Earth Plate)

Mega Drain Earthquake
Leach Seed Razor Leaf

Staraptor(lvl 43) (Holding Exp. Share)

Aerial Ace Wing Attack
Fly Quick Attack

Gastrodon (Lvl 44) (Blue)(Holding Water Plate)

Mud Bomb Muddy Water
Surf Water Pulse
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reason this is my favorite team is because I've raised a level 2 Starly to where it's at now, along with a low leveled Shellos and all of them were also low leveled, including a level 3 Sphinx. My favorite duel to start a battle is Staraptor and Luxray, not only because of their incredible speed, but because both have the ability Intimidate which lowers the opponent's attack. Luxray holds the black glasses because of his 2 dark moves that he has, which Crunch has the ability to lower the opponent's defense, and Bite has the ability to make the opponent flinch. Infernape holds Shell Bell because of how many attacks he's vulnerable to, but able to still stand tall, as he dishes out a nasty flame wheel (helps when frozen!) to the opponent and gets 1/8 of what he had hit you with, which is really helpful. Torterra holds the Earth Plate because of his move Earthquake, I also switch out at times with the one item that increases the Mega Drain attack. Staraptor holds Exp. Share at the moment because I have no item for it, but will be getting one soon. :-) As For Gastrodon, he's a weird one I must say, electric attacks don't hurt him which makes him really cool to have. Most of his moves are water, and Muddy Water lowers the opponents accuracy, while Water Pulse can confuse the opponent. Empoleon also holds Quick Claw because of his terrible speed, half the time the Quick Claw does come in handy. :-)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Don't let common see that staraptor...

t-bolt over spark on luxray, get rid of quick attack on staraptor, it has high speed already, give empoleon surf instead of bubblebeam (and if you want, switch to razor claw)

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
someone wanna rate my team?

Diamond version:
(team i used for the elite 4.... lvl has gone up since then)

Dialga lvl 62

earth power
ancient power
dragon claw
roar of time

staraptor lvl 46 (hard to lvl up.. doing so though)

aerial ace
close combat
fly
endeavor

torterra lvl 54

giga drain
razor leaf
crunch
rock smash
^^going to replace razor leaf with earthquake bc my torterra evolved at lvl 33.. gotta get heart scales

empoleon lvl 52
brine
drill peak
surf
waterfall
^^too many water attacks

infernape lvl 62
strength
rock climb
flare blitz
mach punch
^^ might replace flare blitz with flamethrower.. gotta get TM

Uxie lvl 52

Confusion
yawn
future sight
extrasensory

(right now i have a giratina that is added to my team... and soon to have arceus)

Pearl Version:

Prinplup lvl 20

bubble
pound
peck
metal claw

luxio lvl 20

tackle
spark
charge
bite

staravia lvl 20

tackle
endeavor
quick attacks
wing attack

torterra lvl 19

tackle
razor leaf
absorb
rock smash

monferno lvl 19

scratch
leer
flame wheel
mach punch

pachirisu lvl 11

cut
bide
quick attack
charm

(PACHIRISU IS JUST SO I COULD USE CUT)

Ello Govnr

Smash Rookie
Don't let common see that staraptor...

t-bolt over spark on luxray, get rid of quick attack on staraptor, it has high speed already, give empoleon surf instead of bubblebeam (and if you want, switch to razor claw)

I would like to put Thunderbolt on Luxray, but I'm wondering if he'll eventually learn it on his own or only through a TM. Also, I left Quick Attack on Staraptor because I first use Aerial Ace, followed by a Quick Attack, which is a great combo.

ummm ember you still have ember on your Infernape and all attacking moves on all your pokemon ? why?
I left Ember on Infernape for a good reason, one is because I'd rather have Ember than Fury Swipes and two is so I can have at least two different fire set moves (once another fire move comes along, Ember will be removed.). Yes they all have attacking moves, but a lot of the moves also increase stats too, such as Metal Claw in which it raises your attack and Muddy Water which lowers the opponent's accuracy, so I still left it at a stratagey type deal.

personally i would get rid of surf for gastrodon and teach it a different type of move
Gastrodon is the only Pokemon that I had surf with at the time (I now have Tentacruel having it, as well as Waterfall.). He's actually pretty good with Surf, along with his Muddy Water and Water Pulse. At first I just had him on the party to use surf, but he's become a real great allie.

mangler

Smash Cadet
As of now, my team seems pretty stable, although I know it can use improvements, but this seems to be my favorite team so far:

Luxray (lvl 40)(Holding Black Glasses)

Crunch Spark
Strength Bite

Empoleon (lvl 41)(Holding Quick Claw)

Brine Bubble Beam
Aqua Jet Metal Claw

Infernape(lvl 42)(Holding Shell Bell)

Flame Wheel Mach Punch
Ember Close Combat

Torterra(lvl 39) (Holding Earth Plate)

Mega Drain Earthquake
Leach Seed Razor Leaf

Staraptor(lvl 43) (Holding Exp. Share)

Aerial Ace Wing Attack
Fly Quick Attack

Gastrodon (Lvl 44) (Blue)(Holding Water Plate)

Mud Bomb Muddy Water
Surf Water Pulse
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reason this is my favorite team is because I've raised a level 2 Starly to where it's at now, along with a low leveled Shellos and all of them were also low leveled, including a level 3 Sphinx. My favorite duel to start a battle is Staraptor and Luxray, not only because of their incredible speed, but because both have the ability Intimidate which lowers the opponent's attack. Luxray holds the black glasses because of his 2 dark moves that he has, which Crunch has the ability to lower the opponent's defense, and Bite has the ability to make the opponent flinch. Infernape holds Shell Bell because of how many attacks he's vulnerable to, but able to still stand tall, as he dishes out a nasty flame wheel (helps when frozen!) to the opponent and gets 1/8 of what he had hit you with, which is really helpful. Torterra holds the Earth Plate because of his move Earthquake, I also switch out at times with the one item that increases the Mega Drain attack. Staraptor holds Exp. Share at the moment because I have no item for it, but will be getting one soon. :-) As For Gastrodon, he's a weird one I must say, electric attacks don't hurt him which makes him really cool to have. Most of his moves are water, and Muddy Water lowers the opponents accuracy, while Water Pulse can confuse the opponent. Empoleon also holds Quick Claw because of his terrible speed, half the time the Quick Claw does come in handy. :-)

in double or single battles?

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
Who does your luxray knows Bite and crunch ? Crunch is a stronger form of bite, get rid of that add something else for bite.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
someone should sticky this thread so we don't have so many team-rating threads...
here's my team:

Charizard: flamethrower, aerial ace, sunny day, solarbeam
-salac berry

Venusaur: leech seed, sludge bomb, energy ball, synthesis
-black sludge

Blastoise: surf, ice beam, earthquake, rapid spin
-leftovers

Alakazam: psychic, shock wave, recover, future sight
-focus band

Heracross: megahorn, close comabt, rock slide, facade
-flame orb

spiritomb: shadow sneak, confuse ray, will-o-wisp, rest